Lash client advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorraineandmia

Reaction score
Hi

Please can any experienced lashers give some advice.

I qualified in September. Semi Permanent Eyelash Extensions. Ibe been doing models at a very cheap rate as I wanted to really practice and get about 30 people done so I can feel confident. I didnt want to charge people full price when I was still finding my way.

Im at the stage now where I am ready to charge full price. Ive found Facebook a huge help when getting models. I woke one morning to 55 messages.

Ive not advertised a huge amount but since posting a few full price ads ive vertually had no response. I also paid for the post on Facebook.

Im certainly not pricing myself too high as ive researched well

Im going to email all my 30 models and maybe give them an incentive/discount as a LOT of them only wanted a set as they were so cheap.

Any ideas on how to keep the clients coming? Im going to train to do party lashes soon too

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Unfortunately you will soon find in this industry that everybody wants a freebie - and probably only one person out of those 55 messages will actually pay - that's the human nature for you I'm afraid.

I was in the same boat, I used to do full sets for £20 and out of all those people only one stayed loyal

So - don't waste your time too much with these models, instead take lots of photos of your work and keep promoting, the good clients that will keep coming back will pay, your models well they just won't.

Don't bother to chase them - I've been there and made that mistake too many times. If they loved their lashes so mush and were desperate to have them week after week they will return on their own.

It will take time to build you business and it will be slow and realistically give yourself 2 years, so don't fret if you are quiet because we have all been there

In the meantime be the best u can at lashes to set yourself apart from the competition and you will get clients but it takes time

Hth x

Thank you. That's really good advice. I qualified and then to gain experience did them for £5. As I gained momentum I charged £15. Now I feel I can go for it.

Would you email the models with a promotion or just start anew? The Facebook boost is brilliant although I need to target the audience more. Everyone says how caring and professional I am but I just want to build up a regular clientele.

Also... do you take deposits at patch tests to prevent no shows?

Thank you. That's really good advice. I qualified and then to gain experience did them for £5. As I gained momentum I charged £15. Now I feel I can go for it.

Would you email the models with a promotion or just start anew? The Facebook boost is brilliant although I need to target the audience more. Everyone says how caring and professional I am but I just want to build up a regular clientele.

Also... do you take deposits at patch tests to prevent no shows?

You could email the models with a £5 voucher of their next lash treatment ( full prices)as a thanks for being a model I help you practice - but don't be suprised if u get not takers.

Facebook ad it worth a go but set your budget, I think I only got 2 clients from that

Def take a deposit, I take £30 non refundable deposit, unless patch test comes back neg, they can rearrange all but must be within 24 hours \ it's funny how people don't want to lose 30 quid, it stops the times wasters too that have no money xx

Latest posts

Back