Lash extension allergy emergency

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonnie@lashout

Reaction score
Good evening all. I have a client concerned about a reaction today after an infill.
I have used the same products as I usually do everytime.
Lash Base crystal clear glue although it was a fresh bottle I cannot see how this would cause a reaction. We switched to this glue after she developed a sensitivity to the platinum black glue from eyelash emporium.
When she arrived today she was complain of watery eyes but is now messaging me saying she is having a reaction and after advising soothing eye drops (which she uses regularly without my recommendation) I advised cold compresses to sooth and for her to relax and stop rubbing them.
She is saying she thinks I have given her conjunctivius although I'm sterile and doubt that it's possible. I'll attach a picture and I hope to hear some advice ad I'm not really sure what else to say xx

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160701-201627.png
    Screenshot_20160701-201627.png
    682.6 KB · Views: 341
I would ask her to return and you remove them. I'm no doctor but doesn't look like conjunctivitis. Is the lash base glue a sensitive glue? I would of moved from the platinum to a sensitive glue.

You need to get her back in tomorrow and take these off immediately.

Once a client becomes allergic to the glue, that's it. I stop doing their lashes. You can use sensitive glue, but I don't bother with it because it's just not strong enough for me.

If she's allergic to the emporium glue she's likely to be allergic other glues.

Her eyes will not get better untill you takes these off. I really stress getting these off as a matter of urgency. The longer these are left on, the worse her eyes will get, and her eyes look bad.

The crystal clear glue is not a sensitive glue.

Yes but she has had this glue numerous times. Nothing has changed

Reactions can happen even if they've used the product 100, you just never know hope you get it sorted x

I would note the batch number of the glue down & report it to the manufacturer. It could be a dodgy batch. However, reactions could just happen too.

Yes but she has had this glue numerous times. Nothing has changed

You can develop an allergic reaction to the glue at any time. I've had clients who become allergic after 2, 3 or 4 years. Once they become allergic, that's it, they're allergic.

This can happen to any of your clients, you need to read about allergic reactions, understand them and what to look out for.

I've been doing lashes for 9 years. Trust me, her eyes are bad, they will only get worse, you need to get these off asap.

When I was new, I didn't get someone's lashes off immediately, she had to go to the hospital. That's something you don't want happening.

When you become allergic to something, the allergy can build up over a period of time. I unfortunately became allergic to lashes after about 5 months of wearing them with no irritation. The reaction won't go down until you remove them and it is unlikely she will be able to wear them again whatever the glue. If you Google it you'll find lots of information. I was gutted at the time but some things you just have to accept

She will need steroid eye drops, piriton x4 a day and removal of lashes.. I'm talking from experience and ended up in hospital after wearing lashes for years.. She will feel like it's conjuctivutus but it's defo allergy to lashes looking at your pics xx

All glues essentially have the same ingredient which people become sensitive to. So regardless of if it is a sensitive version or not, if she has had a reaction previously she will eventually have a reaction to this. Her reactions will only get worse. You should tell her to see a doctor immediately before you remove them to cover yourself in case she has a further reaction.

She will need steroid eye drops, piriton x4 a day and removal of lashes.. I'm talking from experience and ended up in hospital after wearing lashes for years.. She will feel like it's conjuctivutus but it's defo allergy to lashes looking at your pics xx

Thanks for sharing your experiences wooby.

For everyone else reading, just remember to use the information to enrich your understanding. We cannot cure, treat or diagnose :)

Good luck!

Is it her skin that's swollen and red or is it her actual eyes that are irritated. I have had it where the eyes look bloodshot and watery before and it usually settles within 24 hours if it just is an irritation. I find this is caused by clients having their eyes slightly open during application, if they opened them throughout or something underlying like hayfever. If it is a reaction however they do need to be removed asap. It can sometimes be difficult to tell the difference but I would say with an allergy some swelling and Redness of the eyelid would be present. If in doubt just remove.

Latest posts

Back