Lash glue allergy help and advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eventer07

Reaction score
hi all
I think I know the answer already.... but I have a client that after 4 sets of lashes elsewhere developed a reaction (swelling, redness, itching) photo attached -then about a year later she asked me to do them Again for her with flirties sensitive glue, which I did and the reaction was slightly less intense but still there and took weeks to fully go. Photo also attached.
Tonight she's messaged saying she wants to try again and is there any new glue she might be ok with?
I said I think she will experience the same reaction forever no matter what we use, but promised I'd ask the question on here and see if anyone had any other ideas? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6615.JPG
    IMG_6615.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6614.JPG
    IMG_6614.JPG
    189.4 KB · Views: 48
Yes this is probably an allergy to the cyanoacrylate in the adhesive. It is in all adhesives and once you develop an allergy to it then you won't be able to have them again.
It could be an allergy to the carbon black though. I have an allergy to carbon black so I can still wear extensions but I have to have clear adhesive.
It may be worth giving her a patch test with some clear and seeing how she reacts. If she does react then it will be a cyanoacrylate allergy and so she won't be able to have extensions again I'm afraid.

I developed this allergy and after the pain of removing the extensions ( feels like rubbing chillies in your eyes) and the weeks it took for my eyes to go down, there is absolutely no way I'd go near them again despite the fact that I loved wearing extensions.

It would be irresponsible of you to even try to apply another set given that she has reacted in several occasions. Although the reaction looks to be localised there's nothing to say that a further application may not have more serious consequences. Do the right thing and tell her no.

Try a clear glue.(no colour in it)
Lash base and Eyeluvlashes sell some.

A sensitive one still has colour to it.

A clear glue will not have that and THAT may be what she is reacting to.

If there is still a reaction then client not suitable for lash treatment.
Then use a nano Mister or nebuliser at the end of patch test and lash treatment.
A fine mist or vapour to soothe eyes and dispel fumes and cure lashes(harden glue).
The benefits of that are in this post.

https://borboletabeauty.com/blogs/news/18608132-the-nano-mister-the-science-behind-nano-misting

http://sugarlashpro.ca/blogs/news-1/42100548-lashtech-talk-adhesive-101

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Be careful with the clear .....

If your client cannot wear mascara then you know it's likely to be the black

Most in most cases it's the cyanoacrylate or inhibitors that cause the reaction

Latest posts

Back