Lash lift and tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Passionate

Reaction score
I recently completed a course in Lash Lifting with Flirties and have found the tinting step very awkward while lashes are stuck to the shields. I trained in Beauty Therapy previously and have always just been used the way I was taught in college. My question is can I tint the lashes prior to doing the lash lift? TIA!

I recently completed a course in Lash Lifting with Flirties and have found the tinting step very awkward while lashes are stuck to the shields. I trained in Beauty Therapy previously and have always just been used the way I was taught in college. My question is can I tint the lashes prior to doing the lash lift? TIA!

I don't think the lift would work well if you did that. Could you not tint the lashes after the lift but do it like you would do a normal lash tint?

I use Ellebanna and I was taught to tint first. The only downside is the tint will take 12-15 minutes as the hair isn't as porous as after the lift. You have to make sure the lashes are dry before you start the lift. I've had no problems with the lift doing it this way :)

I remove the shields and gel patches sticking the lower lashes down after the lash lift and then Tint as I normally would if I wasn't doing a lash lift treatment. The main reasons I do it this way are:- a) it's more comfortable for the client to remove the shields and gel patches, b) I don't ruin my shields with Tint, so can re-use them more often, c) so I can Tint the lower lashes too. I also find it much less fiddly to do it this way.

Latest posts

Back