Lash talk

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgieanne

Reaction score
Got a few questions,

- for a general full set of lashes do you put an extension on every lash or every other lash?
- the pads used to stick down the bottom lashes, do you find that it doesn't stick and instead irritates clients, what else do you use? as one client was every difficult and kept squinting! and moving eyes when trying to do this! :grr:
- where and what wash do you get incase glue goes in their eyes?
- what do you sit on when doing the application (i have a backless stool and am getting back ache)

Who did you do your training with? They should have gone through most of these. You should have got some eye solution in your kit, or at least told where to get it from!
You try and put an extension on every lash but it depends on each client, you should make a frame on each eye with 5-6 lashes then apply a lash between the frame and then again.
Your bed is either too low or your chair, you need to have a play around so your back isn't hurting anymore.
The gel patches are easier and more comfortable and after a bit of practice they go on great, but some clients are allergic to them, which is when micropore tape is used

Oh and clients that are very nervous to having something near their eye are a contra indication! I have a client like this so it depends on how confident you are with doing the treatment with a client like this, you could do more harm than good and it wont necessarily be your fault! Sometimes the pads can get near the eye ball so its important to ask them if they are comfortable, if not try again, some clients wont say anything but will then flicker and move during treatment!

Who did you do your training with? They should have gone through most of these. You should have got some eye solution in your kit, or at least told where to get it from!
You try and put an extension on every lash but it depends on each client, you should make a frame on each eye with 5-6 lashes then apply a lash between the frame and then again.
Your bed is either too low or your chair, you need to have a play around so your back isn't hurting anymore.
The gel patches are easier and more comfortable and after a bit of practice they go on great, but some clients are allergic to them, which is when micropore tape is used

I thought this, i thought my lash kit would have had this in it, or even a sample of it. Thanks for your help, i think the bed must be too low

Oh and clients that are very nervous to having something near their eye are a contra indication! I have a client like this so it depends on how confident you are with doing the treatment with a client like this, you could do more harm than good and it wont necessarily be your fault! Sometimes the pads can get near the eye ball so its important to ask them if they are comfortable, if not try again, some clients wont say anything but will then flicker and move during treatment!

Yes my mums friend was like this, I told her we didnt have to go ahead with the treatment if she didnt want to, but she did and gradually got better and fell asleep

Yes my client is fine once she has her eyes shut but its a nightmare getting the pads on & i normally pop it on in one go in a second! You have to be confident in a situation like this

Latest posts

Back