Lash types? Confused

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Jess

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Sorry another lash thread. (I have my training booked for April)
And sorry if I sound thick but -

I'm confused - can someone tell me the difference between all the lash types please.

Are party/cluster/flare lashes all the same thing??? Just with different names??

I'm looking at ordering my kit from lashbase and they have loose lashes and strip lashes that you can buy. What's the difference? (I did look on there FAQ page but it doesn't seem to answer that particular question)

Thanks geeks xx

Personally we don't use cluster or party lashes as they are to heavy for the natural lash and can cause lash loss I would stick to individual extensions there is a wide variety of shapes sizes and thickness that you should learn on training if you want to pre buy a kit I would get j c and b curl in 9 11 13 mm at a thickness of 0.15 and 0.2. Cluster lashes

Sorry stupid phone lol cluster lashes look great but have the fake look more than natural personally I would advise you to steer clear I have removed so many botched up lashes I hate clusters!!!!

Cluster lashes can be great in the right hands. Unfortunately, many clients I have seen have had clusters put on with glue meant for eyelash extensions. They are meant to be easy to remove, and should only be kept in for several days. They really are party lashes (or weekend lashes) and look great without the expense and potential up keep of extensions! I have them on occasion, and often do them alongside a special occasion make up. I have never had damage to the lashes, but do adhere to the few day rule, and correct glue!

These are cluster/ party lashes. Some even call them individual but they are NOT individual. As you can see they are in clusters. These are put on with latex type glue (quite weak glue) and last up to a week. Great for special occasions etc.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363708134.673803.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363708134.673803.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 167
And these are individual lashes. Put on each of the clients natural lash one at a time with a much stronger glue. Can last up to 3 months with infills. And finally i dont have a pick but STRIP lashes are the ones that you can find in the highstreet and come one for each eye all ready to apply and come with their own glue.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363708248.590414.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363708248.590414.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 133
Cluster, flare, party, weekend and individual lashes are all one and the same thing! They are a cluster of lashes fixed together to a bulb or knot (u can get bulb or not free now) and are designed to last on the lashes from a few days and up to a week. If anyone claims they last any longer they are using the wrong glue!

Semi permanent lashes are a single fine extension that is applied to a single isolated natural eyelash. These can last for weeks with the correct care and top ups. When you read about geeks talking about j, b, c , d curls or thicknesses like 0.15 or 0.2 etc these are terms that apply to this type of lash treatment and all will become clear on the day of you training.

Hope that's helpful, enjoy your training.

Sorry for tge pics. Thought its better than trying to explain. Basically if you are doing training and need a kit you will probably need the loose lashes. But ask them hun in sure they will tell you. Xx

Thanks soooo much everyone!!!! So very helpful :)

The only thing is now - lashbase are selling these and calling them strip lashes - which don't look like the ones you would buy in the shop. Here's the pic:

image.jpg

So..... These look the same as the individuals as Turkish kindly put up for me

Are individuals and loose lashes different??

Ha I'm sorry for all the questions, I know ill learn all this on my course but I like to be prepared :biggrin::biggrin::wink2:

Jenna these are called synthetic mink lashes, the difference between these and loose lashes is these are the mink trays are already sorted out into nice neat rows for you. Some peeps love them its a personal preference thing. The trays are a slightly more expensive way to buy your lashes as in you don't get as many lashes for your money. You also get just to confuse you silk mink lashes and real mink lashes. I promise you I'd you have booked onto a descent course that your trainer will or should show all these to you and explain all the different types.

Thanks soooo much everyone!!!! So very helpful :)

The only thing is now - lashbase are selling these and calling them strip lashes - which don't look like the ones you would buy in the shop. Here's the pic:

View attachment 30723

So..... These look the same as the individuals as Turkish kindly put up for me

Are individuals and loose lashes different??

Ha I'm sorry for all the questions, I know ill learn all this on my course but I like to be prepared :biggrin::biggrin::wink2:

Right that is confusing hun!!! No they are not STRIP lashes, however they are "strips" of individual lashes. Does that make sense hun?? Xx

That's great....thank you :) that's cleared it up for me now, and as you said my training will of course so through it all :) so confusing for a newbie lol

Thanks again :)

Right that is confusing hun!!! No they are not STRIP lashes, however they are "strips" of individual lashes. Does that make sense hun?? Xx

Perfect sense :) thank you Turkish :wink2:

Good luck on your course. Keep us updated xxx

Latest posts

Back