Lashes help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Art of Beauty

Reaction score
I've recently trained in individual eyelash extentions - I'm finding it hard knowing where to place what length and also how to give a more volumising look! Any suggestions?

You will get there don't give up.

Have you tried using lash maps?

It's a way of making bsure lashes are symmetrical. You can buy one already filled in or write your own lengths.

To be applied over lash pads.

Mixing up the lengths and curls will give a nice result. So mixing C(for inner corner) & D curls(for longest lengths) in the set.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=l...&ved=0ahUKEwjG74LI2aHTAhWHA8AKHWMiBPgQgjYIgAI

Also this video is brilliant for direction of lashes.

Hope that helps. The more you do it the more it will make sense. X

Attachments

• il_570xN.971405536_czfj.jpg
    il_570xN.971405536_czfj.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 35
  • il_570xN.966002910_kt0f.jpg
    il_570xN.966002910_kt0f.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Ahh awesome thank you for that! On the ones you linked they are numbered different to the actual sizes - is 1 the smallest lash size your using ?

Sorry I just seen the other pictures this is really great thank you so much for this!! I'm also having difficulty with making them look fuller - would i be better doing a volume lashes course? Here are how mines are looking so far
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1492108065.382702.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1492108107.618235.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1492108117.752969.jpg

It looks fine. You can only lash want the client has.The more sets you do the more comfortable you will be.

You should try Flat Lashes a.k.a Ellipse or Cashmere as that looks heavier but is lightweight.

Volume is great for sparse lashes and does give a fuller look.

If your lashbox doesn't have a 7mm (my ones don't) you can start from 8mm-12mm

If client has strong lashes you can start from 9mm-12mm for a dramatic finish.

Shorter the length the fuller it looks.

Also infilling short lengths in between long ones to make it really full.

What I do is go on Instagram for inspiration and ask the Lash Techs what they use.

Here is one of the accounts I like for lash mapping tips. Feel free to have fun with it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRsnolsglM5/

Thank you you've been great!!!

You're welcome! X

Hey, they are looking good for someone who has just learnt. Focus mainly on your seperation technique for now making sure you only add one extension to one lash and aim to cover as many of the lashes that you can. Speed will come with practice. X

Thanks Ellie! They've came on so much even from this! This is a set of my latest client
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1493314991.137868.jpg

Yeah i am super proud - still learning of course :) I had a woman the other day who would not relax her eyes and kept scrunching up her face so her eyelids where tight shut meaning her lashes disappeared lol I didn't have clue what to do lol

Latest posts

Back