Lashes not looking full enough

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckyderricut

Reaction score
Hi,
I completed flirties semi permanent lash course back in October. Iv been practicing alot and have a fare few clients. Everybody who have had them have been happy. But none of these clients of mine have ever really had lash extension before so don't know the difference of how good they can actually look. I'm always looking at other people's work and just feel mine don't look as good. No where near as full looking, and never seem to look as tidy. I am pretty sure I'm now applying a lash on majority of lashes available on my most recent clients but still they don't look like others work.
Am I going wrong somewhere or is there any tricks or tips I can try?
I'll try attach a few pics of mine FB_IMG_1454105056784.jpg
FB_IMG_1454105049125.jpg
FB_IMG_1454105056784.jpg

Hi Becky
I'm in the exact same position as you so will be interested to read others replies!
The one thing I have found from my last few sets is that keeping to shorter lengths makes them look fuller as obviously the longer they are, the more wispy they look at the ends. And I have also started building up a framework in, say, flat lash 0.15, to the desired lengths I want but then filling all other lashes with a normal 0.15 in 7-9mm depending on the natural lash length. This has made a big improvement. Does that make any sense?!
Anyway, let's hope someone with more experience replies soon before I confuse the both of us
K

Hi Becky
I'm in the exact same position as you so will be interested to read others replies!
The one thing I have found from my last few sets is that keeping to shorter lengths makes them look fuller as obviously the longer they are, the more wispy they look at the ends. And I have also started building up a framework in, say, flat lash 0.15, to the desired lengths I want but then filling all other lashes with a normal 0.15 in 7-9mm depending on the natural lash length. This has made a big improvement. Does that make any sense?!
Anyway, let's hope someone with more experience replies soon before I confuse the both of us
K
I'm glad it's not just me then but I must say I'm confused by what you mean...sorry. Do you mean adding the smaller lengths between the normal frame work say 10,11,12,11,10 but using a 9 between to give the fuller look?
Iv not actually used a flat lash...Iv only used the flirties synthetic mink mostly 0.15 iv tried the 0.20 but definitely prefer 0.15.
It's frustrating when you see others doing such good work. I think Im not getting the right direction with some lashes either although again I feel I am but the end results say different, so this makes them look messy too.
Maybe I'm too critical of my own work, after all I guess it has only been 4 month since I started.
Thanks for your reply...hopefully we can get some advice to help us out. X

Yes, so I tend to always do shorter on inner and outer corners (depending on what kind of look they want) as this makes ur longest length look longer. I might do 7,8,9,10,9,8 and lash maybe 70%(?) then go through each section using 1mm shorter so 7,7,8,9,8,7. Then 2mm shorter so where I have 9mm use some 7mm, 10mm use 8mm. I used to be rigid with the lengths and mapping but now I go a little free reign and the results are looking much better! Make any more sense?!

P.s I'm VERY critical of my own work too and a bit of a perfectionist. Hopefully that will make us better technicians in the long run!

i think your work is looking good and you are being a little to critical of yourself hun, there are so many types of lashes curls lengths thickness then you have 2d 3d 4d 5d and so on party lashes express lashes, then the way we add them some like them longer on the outer part of the eye going shorter as you go over the eye some like them all same length til you get to the inner eye, if your client likes long say 15 then adding a few 13 inbetween can give a fuller look ... just take your time and the more you do the better you get practice makes perfect hun and theres soooo many courses for lashes all the different ways.. hope this helped xxx

Would it be a good idea to do a Russian volume course or just stick to these fir the time being trying to perfect? X

Would it be a good idea to do a Russian volume course or just stick to these fir the time being trying to perfect? X
this is what im going to do next there also very popular learning how to pick them up properly and place them is a must cant wait to learn xx

Hi! I wouldn't go for a Russian volume course until you are 100% confident in your classic lashing [emoji4] placing, glue dipping, isolation...these are all very important for both classic & Russian lashes but different ways of doing it for each technique. For 4 months you are doing really well. Definitely use shorter lashes throughout the set to make them look fuller, try using shorter lashes on the inners so you get a nice graduation throughout the set...an above all...practice practice practice! Lashing is a hard technique to master, if is were easy we'd all be doing it!! [emoji4] Don't be too hard on yourself, it will come...I promise [emoji4] xx

Latest posts

Back