Last minute colour problem!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

francesXXX

Reaction score
I am a freelance hairdresser based in London, have been hairdressing 7 years (in salons) and have recently gone self employed. Always used L'Oreal or Clynol colours.
I did a client's colour last week which i am re-doing tonight (bit late for this but never mind!), she had previous home colour on mid lengths & end of hair which she showed me on the box was a base 4 with red. She wanted me to match up this colour (which I did using Clynol 47, equivalent of a L'Oreal 4.6 20vol), also scattering foils of a vibrant red and copper through the hair for which I used Majicontrast red 20vol and Majicontrast pure copper 20vol.
Basically the red and copper barely showed up and as the base colour is reddish the pieces completely blend into the hair! She is happy with the base colour but obviously wants the foils re-doing. She has thick curly hair and the pieces cannot even be seen on the ends, which is where she mainly wanted them to show.
Do not know whether to go over them with the same colours with 30 or 40 vol or will this probably not lift either as the ends are obviously built up with tint?? Or re-do the whole head using a different base colour? please help! :cry:

You will problably need to use 40vol to lift through it. And check halfway through development time and remix and reapply if needed x

Jenny Hairdresser (not mizzy dizzy ceri )
Tint wont lift tint. I would do your foils with bleach 6 or 9% then wen developed wash off and apply red colour all over.

i agree with the above , id bleach with a 6 or 9 peroxide and tone , i dont know how thick your pieces are , but id probably do them quite chunky on curly hair.
If the hair is really fine you might be ok reapling the majicontrast , but in this case it sounds like there may be too much buildup

I have asked a couple of hairdresser friends in the mean time too and they both agreed with the above about the bleach, thank you for your help! yes the pieces i have already done are chunky cos of the curly hair so should stand out more now :)

Latest posts

Back