Late payers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lfox

Reaction score
Just a little rant here, I have a few clients, who I have done for years... I have a good relationship with all of them and have a laugh or talk to them about anything... however they pay by bank transfer, but every time I have to text them to remind them. I hate doing it but it happens a lot, I can remember twice where iv not had to. It's really starting to piss me off... as they do the transfer after being reminded, but don't even say sorry so then I feel they've gone funny about me reminding them.
It's amazing how many people do this.... i would do it before I even left the salon, but they just say il transfer it over on the way out the door and they forget.
I cringe when I have to text them as I shouldnt have to do that and hate asking for my money, it makes me feel like they think I'm struggling that's why I'm asking.
I'm really getting pissed off with it now. One of them went 4 weeks and I didn't even notice only cos she payed twice on her next appointment and said she forgot the last time, if she hadn't have been honest I wouldn't have known... (I check all the time now) I remind them after 2-3 days now.
Does this happen to anyone els?

Why do you let them do this?
Tesco, M&S, the Dentist etc. wouldn't allow it.

Just tell them that your accountant has told you to no longer accept payment by bank transfer and to have cash or card available for their next appointment.

You're the one allowing them to treat you badly by having to beg for your money. Stand up to them and tell them NO!

If you let people treat you this way then they will continue to. I love AcidPerm solution, it's perfect, in future bank transfer before you start work please. All you have to do it smile when you ask and wait..the ball is in their court not yours, you're not asking for a loan, you are asking for payment for a service they are expecting to receive.

Big girl pants on lovely...get it done! :D

I agree, you have to nip this in the bud. People will only treat you how you allow them to! I agree with AcidPerm. My clients used to do this when I first started and I had to quickly nip it in the bud and honestly once you say it people realise they're being unreasonable :).

That's like saying to your local store asda tesco etc.. ohhhh I'll pay for my shopping on the way out. It's not going to happen though is it? They'd laugh at you.
Maybe put a notice in the salon. "Bank transfers need to be paid before leaving salon. Sorry for any inconvenience"
& if anyone questions why. Just tell them your account has told you to do so.

That's like saying to your local store asda tesco etc.. ohhhh I'll pay for my shopping on the way out. It's not going to happen though is it? They'd laugh at you.
Maybe put a notice in the salon. "Bank transfers need to be paid before leaving salon. Sorry for any inconvenience"
& if anyone questions why. Just tell them your account has told you to do so.

I wouldn't be apologising for asking people to pay for their treatments at the time of treatment, and it's not an inconvenience it's a necessity :p

I wouldn't be apologising for asking people to pay for their treatments at the time of treatment, and it's not an inconvenience it's a necessity :p
Maybe im just to kind with my words

Maybe im just to kind with my words

Nothing wrong with kind words :D

I just feel apologising for 'inconvenience' makes it sound like you're doing something wrong and you're not, you are simply asking for payment when payment should be made. How about "Bank transfers need to be paid before leaving salon. Thank you" as a compromise - see I can do kind words too ;):p

Your to nice, it's unfair people take advantage. I would ask coientsbon arrival, it might feel awkward but it should only feel uncomfortable for them

I know I should, it's just hard as I hate any awkwardness. My salon its a small room and only me there so it's so personal.... I would have no problem if I had staff... I'd let them deal with it haha! I'm such a whimp! I think they think of me as a friend so they can do this ( although I wouldn't do this to a friend) it's so bloody rude!! Think il say about the acount

This morning I sent her a text asking her to pay today as my bills go out tomorrow...I got a reply "yes" no oh I'm really sorry I forgot... it's almost like "oh if I have to" she blooming loved her hair as well!!
I have some clients who give me a way to big tip cos they are always so happy and like to show me... I had one new client do bank transfer the other day (in the salon) and when I looked she gave me £10 extra and a message saying I under price myself. Then u get som who never tip and just don't pay on time... I would never do this to anyone... anyway I feel better now iv had a rant.... I feel someone's prices are going up!!! (Yeah that's another thing, iv kept them on old prices to show them I look after my regulars) shame it doesn't work both ways!

I have a scenario I use when people find it difficult to ask for payment from clients who find excuses to pay late or not at all.

Just imagine that the client reaches into your bag, opens your purse and takes thirty pounds out and walks out of the salon.

You'd be horrified enough to say something then, surely?

Well, effectively that's what the late/non payers are doing to you in reality.

Every time someone stalls for payment, picture them helping themselves to your cash and say something.

These 'lovely client's' are wiping their feet on your face.o_O

we've only allowed this once as the client had financial difficulties so we said she could bank transfer another day... she never did and the number she gave us was fake. :c

Latest posts

Back