Layering Shellac for different colours?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bristo1990

Reaction score
I tried to Experiment with different shellac colours myself but couldn't see any that changed colours! Has anyone else layered them and for a Colour change?

Hey,

Yep iced coral changes every colour, give that one a go!

This is hot pop pink and iced coral, gives a lovely shimmer... xx

Denise

Attachments

• marie.jpg
    marie.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 861
I tried to Experiment with different shellac colours myself but couldn't see any that changed colours! Has anyone else layered them and for a Colour change?

What combos did you try that you didn't see any change in color?

Try Hot Chilis over Tropix or Moonlight & Roses over anything. HTH! :)

Check out fingernail fixer on Facebook, there's an album full of layering pics x

I looove layering.

Try this to make a colour similar to Dark Lava:
Red Baroness over Black Pool

Or a beautiful royal blue:
Purple Purple over Black Pool

Pinky purple look:
Tutti Frutti over Fedora

Navy blue:
Negligee over Black Pool

There are soooo many options. Fingernailfixer has been an absolute LIFESAVER by posting her layering pics... https://www.facebook.com/FingerNail....10150106598067264.283073.307317462263&type=3

Take a look, you'll love it.

REMEMBER: Nice, even strokes. Float the brush, don't drag your bristles! Don't use too much Shellac or it will wrinkle or the colour won't change.

Good luck and enjoy it!!

My fave at the moment is Moonlight & Roses over Rubble

xxx

Some u don't c much difference. But most u do. Just keep trying :)

What colours have you experimented with?

There are loads of layering combos you can get using Shellac. There is a fantastic guide in the groups to use as theory, but the basics are to use the translucent colours over the opaques to change the colour. For example, Negligee over Blackpool to make the deep blue, as has been said.
Use the darker opaques under another opaque to change the colour depth. For example Blackpool under Wildfire makes a deeper blood red.

I literally layered every single one possible I just randomly chose whitch ones would be the best and I just didn't see a big difference at all! But I will deffo try these ideas and see what I come up with :) thanks everyone xxx

Latest posts

Back