Leaving college-now where to go?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holcombe82

Reaction score
Hi all,. Ive got 3 weeks of my level 2 hairdressing and really confused on where to go. I can do all the cut etc, colouring, styling and finishing. I've look around my local salon who are only looking for 16/17 or school leavers, I'm 32 and presuming that it comes down to money for the apprenticeships. Could anyone point me in the right way?????? Thanks

Level 2 is just the basics so you're going to need to think about getting some additional training to improve your employment prospects. Either level 3 or short courses via your local hairdressing wholesaler or training academy.

For instance, colour correction, men's hairdressing, perming, creative cutting techniques etc.

Have you visited your local salons and spoken to them about employment opportunities?
Are you able to volunteer for a few hours a week doing junior type duties to get some more practical salon experience and give them a chance to get to know you?

Level 2 is just the basics so you're going to need to think about getting some additional training to improve your employment prospects. Either level 3 or short courses via your local hairdressing wholesaler or training academy.

For instance, colour correction, men's hairdressing, perming, creative cutting techniques etc.

Have you visited your local salons and spoken to them about employment opportunities?
Are you able to volunteer for a few hours a week doing junior type duties to get some more practical salon experience and give them a chance to get to know you?

Latest posts

Back