LED lamp not working?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmread988

nail ninja
Reaction score
Hi guys just a quick question to see what your thoughts are... this week I have had a nightmare with my gel polish! Iv had a lot of call backs for nails that have chipped/peeled! One client peeled the whole lot off her acrylics!
I used just gel polish and never had an issue before but this week I am noticing that it's not curing properly at all! I looked at my lamp and I could see one small bulb was out but don't know of that would cause all the nails not to cure??
Iv had the lamp for about 4 months.
I'm completely puzzled so was wondering what you think it could be
1) my lamp is broke despite it lighting up still
2) the polishes are too warm ?? I'm mobile and it's very hot at the mo
3) some of the colours are nearing the end so could be thinker than normal ( I still only paint thin layers?? )

They are not wiping up shiny at all and I could literally peel one lady's off today after finishing using my fingers! And when I'm wiping them over there are chunks that are missing!!

Iv had at least 3/ 4 clients call me back for repairs so far this week which is a pain as I'm mobile and find it hard to fit in my day!

I use a sibel led lamp
I have a new one on order for me to collect in the morning as I can't work without it!
Should I take the one I have back ??
Thanks guys x

One bulb out will be enough to cause problems certainly. You should replace the bulb before servicing any more clients I think. Also when you say some of your colours are old and thick.....are these the ones you've had problems with?

Hi there , I can't actually change the bulbs in the lamp as it's kinda fixed in a whole lighting unit if that makes sense
Some colours are thicker (not old just getting to the end ) but some are newer ones that I have used and still having the same problems

When I say a bulb is out these bulbs are tiny, there's like at least a hundred small bulbs in the lamp
X

Is this the lamp the IBD recommended one? If not you should invest in the correct lamp to avoid future under curing issues.

No its just a standard lamp from my wholesalers , to be honest I never had a problem at the start , it was perfect but just started having these issues the last few days

Amd it wasn't cheap either!

If it's still under warranty then you could take it back however ideally you should be using the recommended lamp anyway.

X

Attachments

• s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 27
it could be ur lamp is coming to the end of its time and getting a new one is good idea, You mention should you take it back well if its still covered then yes i would even more so since you say one of the tiny bulbs have gone out.... The sun can also cause problems if your working where the sun can shine on the nails it can cause the polish to start setting before ur ready ( im on about direct sunlight on the nails as you work) hopefully ur new lamp sorted things for you xxx

Thanks for the reply , I'm always really aware of the sunlight when working, Iv set way to many gel brushes the lamp is only 4 months old maximum x

Definitely contact the supplier you purchased the lamp from. It is obviously faulty. Led lamps should never need replacement bulbs, especially after only 4 months. It should still be under warranty after such a short period of time. And yes, this would be the reason you are having issues with the gel curing properly. You need a new lamp asap.

Latest posts

Back