LED nail lamp question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzy jay

Reaction score
Hi guys, we are using the gelish nail system and loving it!
At the moment we use the UV lamps and cure for the recommended time but would like to swap to the LED lamps to speed things up.
It would be lovely to be able to afford the Gelish ones but at over £xxx each it's near on impossible at the moment as we need 4!
I was wondering what you use to cure? Do you use an alternative brand lamp? How much did you pay for it? And is it a good cure?
I've been offered a Sibel 12w for £xxx+vat, has anyone had any experience with this brand?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I saw an artistic colour gloss one on beauty express and that was £199. That's what I'm saving up for x

Hi guys, we are using the gelish nail system and loving it!
At the moment we use the UV lamps and cure for the recommended time but would like to swap to the LED lamps to speed things up.
It would be lovely to be able to afford the Gelish ones but at over £xxx each it's near on impossible at the moment as we need 4!
I was wondering what you use to cure? Do you use an alternative brand lamp? How much did you pay for it? And is it a good cure?
I've been offered a Sibel 12w for £xxxvat, has anyone had any experience with this brand?

Thanks,

I tried a cheap LED lamp and it was useless, I've now got the 18G and it was worth every penny!

I've tried cheap lamp and it cured only light colors. At the same time 18G/6G were curing all colors perfectly! +1 for 18G/6G or any other original brand LED lamps.

PS: CCFL lamps are also very good. Combined (CCFL + LED) are even better!

Just to butt in on this rather than start a new topic!
I have a client wanting standard polish tomorrow...... First in two yrs!!
Can I use my LED lamp to speed up the drying process or will it have no affect?

It will not have any effect:p

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using SalonGeek

I have tried cheap little led lamps and returned everyone after a few times of use....this past December I bit the bullet and purchased the OPI LED Gel Color lamp....love,love it! the reason I went with the OPI is that I can and have used it with other gel polishes...Shelllac and Gelish! It works beautifully on both the other gel polishes...Shellac you use a little longer as it is a hybrid 70% polish 30% gel...needs a full minute to cure. It will be worth it in the long run! See if you can get a better deal on the purchase of 4 if not then trade them out as you can afford to. Hope this was helpful!

I don't use shellac but know that u shouldn't use your led lamp to cure it. Don't want to get into another lamp debate but u will definitely get some grief on here about using it for shellac!

yes just ignore all the experts like Doug Shoon etc and do your own thing.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't use shellac but know that u shouldn't use your led lamp to cure it. Don't want to get into another lamp debate but u will definitely get some grief on here about using it for shellac!

I agree. So much wrong information in one comment. Shellac will not cure correctly in a led lamp. it may look like it does but it really doesn't. Shellac is also NOT a gel/Polish hybrid, it doesn't contain any of the classic gel components and is called a power Polish, not a gel Polish. You also shouldn't be using your opi lamp on gelish since the UV output in it is designded for opi gelcolor and NOT for gelish.

To the original poster, you should get a Gelish les lamp if you want to use it for gelish! If you can't afford it right now then stick to a traditional UV lamp and save up for the Led. Cutting corners really isn't worth it:)

Sent from my ZTE-BLADE using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back