Legal action over brow burn

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I am a manager at a high establisted salon and had one of my girls "burn" which i think was caused by a strip pulled too hard, which the client now wants to take legal action. I have never delt with this before, would the client get much out of the claim or not? Please help - thank you x

This is usually not a burn, but more of a graze to the skin. It can happen to anyone at any time although there are some reasons it happens. It can be because the client has been rushing and the skin is warm. It can happen if the client is on any vitamin A skin products. It can happen if the client is taking Roaccutane and then it can happen just because it does.

Get a full account of what happened from your therapist and how she dealt with it. You need to contact your insurance company and ask them the next steps. That's what we pay them for - but please don't blame your therapist.

Vic x

This is usually not a burn, but more of a graze to the skin. It can happen to anyone at any time although there are some reasons it happens. It can be because the client has been rushing and the skin is warm. It can happen if the client is on any vitamin A skin products. It can happen if the client is taking Roaccutane and then it can happen just because it does.

Get a full account of what happened from your therapist and how she dealt with it. You need to contact your insurance company and ask them the next steps. That's what we pay them for - but please don't blame your therapist.

Vic x

I agree with Vicky, sometimes it happens and it can be TERRIFYING for the therapist. I'm sure she feels bad enough about doing it to the client and then even worse now shes taking legal action against your business. That's what insurance is for.
I always find it crazy that people will take legal action for something like this. By the time she even gets a court date it will be fully healed. Yes she deserves something like a free treatment or a refund but to sue you is just ridiculous. I just think its greedy and should only be used if your life has been legitimately affected long term by the 'injury'.

Don't enter into any further discussion with the client over the issue or possible resolution and contact your insurer asap. They will take you through the process.

Thank you for your help guys x

Latest posts

Back