Level 2 beauty, no experience for employers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda-43

Reaction score
Hi there all.

I am just about to qualify in level 2 beauty.
I have a year experience doing acrylics gel extensions gel polish nail art, I have passed everything to a high standard and have 100% pass with my nails.
Been for interview after interview trades tests and no job offer. One said they wouldn't even take me on as appreciate level.
I am well adjusted polite with life experience being 44.
Really am getting down I have tried advertising and work from home. Nothing.
Any advice would be great x

Don't give up hope Amanda. All salons are different and I can understand how disheartened you must feel now, if it helps, all my team are over 35 with the oldest being 54, my largest age sector of clients is in the 30 - 60 age bracket, although the late 20's group is getting bigger. Look for a salon that reflects who you are and go and take your C.V. in in person. My therapists have all stated that they have been met with some form of age discrimination when attending interviews, find a salon that fits what you're looking for, go on a walkabout, watch what kind of clients go in. Also look at their prices and types of treatments on offer, it will give you a clue about type of client that visits. I'm afraid I can't hire someone with only level 2 qualifications as some of our top treatments are level 3 and I need therapists who are all rounders.

Good luck in you search.

Latest posts

Back