Level 2 Diploma, Level 2 Itec or Level 2 VRG?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca1107

Reaction score
I thought I was all set on what hairdressing course I was going on but now I'm having doubts. I've Googled all the different types of qualifications available at the 3 colleges near me but I'm still none the wiser. The courses are 2 evenings a week so do I pick the diploma, Itec or VRG? Thanks

Assuming all the courses are the same hours / length and all convenient to go to I think I would make a list of the units each course contains as this can vary with the optional units a college has selected. If they are all level 2 diploma qualifications they should all have the same mandatory units. The difference will be in what optional units they plan to do.

side note:
Qualifications come in 3 levels:
1. award
2. certificate
3. diploma

The diploma carries the most units and is therefore the best one to study if you are starting from scratch.

All exam boards have to work to the same standards and course contents so it doesn't matter if you do VTCT, City & Guilds or ITEC. The way you complete the course might be a bit different with regard to written exam requirements / practical assessment though.
Apprenticeships are NVQs

Thank you ☺️ I did what you suggested and wrote down all the units each qualification consists of. Like you said the diploma has 11 units, the VRQ 7 units and the ITEC 9 units. The VRQ is only 4.5 hours a week whereas the others are 7 hours a week which makes sense if I'm learning more units. My preference is to learn as much as possible so think I'll go for the diploma. Thanks for your advice

Latest posts

Back