Level 3 beauty therapy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolarosex

Reaction score
I started my beauty therapy level 2 dimloma in September, I'm doing

facial treatments
eyelash perming/tinting
eyebrow shaping/tinting
spray tanning
manicure
pedicure
make-up
waxing
body massage

and I'm also doing an extra course on minx nails. I have the option to do level 3 beauty therapy next year if I want to but I'm not sure if I should? the only extra features are gel nails/acrylics and removing hair with a needle (I am so scared of needles haha) Do you think its worth me doing that course for a year just so I have an extra qualification? After I'm qualified I want to work mobile but I guess I just need advice? yay or nay to do level 3?

For my level 3 i done swedish body massage, indian head, epilation, spray tanning, facial and body electrics (not proper name)... we never got to do aromatherapy because we were a mixed class of 1st and 2nd years and the teacher was stressed and under pressure ( would have loved to have done this). I use the two massage treatments and spray tanning though i did learn a lot... whose to say your situation might not change... you may get offered a job in a great salon or want to do a further course which requires level 3 for admittance... is this enough of a reason, i dont know but i would keep learning now while the notion is there... level 3 is a good basis of knowledge, including anatomy and physiology...

It varies a lot it seems. My level 3 was swedish body massage and aromatherapy (pre-blended) massage, body & facial electrical treatments, electrolysis. I think it has changed since then though, they seem to have introduced different 'routes' for level 3, which I didn't have the option of.

The A&P is more involved and I'm glad I did it. Although having said that I'm not offering any of the treatments I learnt at Level 3 in my home salon.

I think no learning is a waste but really it depends on whether you're interested in the treatments you'd cover. If not then don't bother, as you're not planning to work in a salon anyway.

Latest posts

Back