Level 3 hair-have you done it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lee7smith

Reaction score
Just wondering who has completed their level 3 ? Was it worth it and did you enjoy it . I am self employed and just doing 1 day a week for 35 weeks.. A little overwhelmed with all the assessments needed in such a short space .. Sure I will be ok though

Hi
I completed my level 3 in 2010.

Didnt find it a problem to be honest but ive been in the industry for 17 years and wanted to do level 4 to become an accessor and eventually and i.v and e.v so felt i needed a good few years behind me before i start teaching others.

I was working more than full time hours 5 days a week,pregnant and coming in every monday to see my acessor but i got there in the end.

Be confident and you will be fine.
Good luck
I love learning!

I did my level 3,
Unfortunately I cannot advise too much, as I went straight for my level 3 upon completing level 2.
I can however say, I really enjoyed it!
one of my old managers did not do level 3, and I taught him a thing or two from it! I think its brilliant for expanding your experience, and I feel that my level 3 gave me a lot more knowledge than level 2 did, especially with all the in depth colour correction stuff.

I felt level 3 was also mainly about being creative, well no body can teach you how to be creative, I feel that comes naturally. When you can look at a standard style, and turn it in to a whole new look after a couple of hours of colouring and cutting, this sort of creativeness happens every day when your a hairdresser. I do feel though that Level 3 helped me to separate creative from plain stupid.
Watching some of the girls I trained with giving Pale client black hair, or Cutting a pixie cut on a client with the wrong shaped face was horrendous, Level 3 taught me not to be stupid where creativity is concerned.

Enjoy every second of it!xx

I have been qualified for 10 years so it's a bit daunting going back and it being full of 19 - 20 year olds that most of them wanna talk over the teacher .... Annoying lol

You go for it.!

You could teach them a thing or two along the way and then use them as models for the creative work.
Could work out really well
x

I went back last year.. Total waste of time and money!

I only wanted to do it because I would eventually like to teach.

Really disappointed in the course, but it was nice to pass my skills and knowledge to others in my class. Xx

I'm doing it starting on the 24th of this month! One afternoon/evening a week been mobile a while and as I've done a few one day courses but feel need to update and get rid of bad habits I must of picked up over the years. Realy excited actually I know it will help me as I am under confident now tooso need that boost! Good luck to every one else xxx

Latest posts

Back