Level 3 nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetie_pie

Reaction score
Hi, im currently training in level 2 nails although I've only just found out this course only includes acrylic and gel natural tips and not white tips, which are really popular, im wondering if I would need to go on to doing level 3 or if I could just teach myself to do the white tips? The college I'm at currently only does level 3 full time at a huge huge cost which I can't afford at the moment xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

If you've done level 2 nails then you shouldn't find level 3 too difficult and in this respect I would urge you to shop around.

I feel that in some respects I learnt more from product training courses than I did on my level 3 but I think it's still good to do level 3.

I wouldn't be able to do a full time course until my girls start school next year :/

I finish my Level 2 NVQ in nail services in three weeks and there is no way I'd do a level 3 college nail course unless they update the teaching methods, to old fashioned for my liking and to much theory and not enough practical training and for me would be a waste of money that I don't have.

I'm actually trying to find another course in London that will teach me gel,acrylic sculpting and electric drill training, seriously thinking of going to nail camp. I say save your money and go on a cheaper private course.

I also can't do full time.

I loved my L3 and learned more in depth stuff, chemistry, airbrushing, efile, gel polish, wraps (ie like minx not the system), 3D art, fantasy nails, we did a completion and beauty show with 2other colleges, also went back over gel, fibreglass/silk and acrylic.
Loads more stuff but I'll have to look through my folder to jog my sleepy mind lol.

Im on my level 3 at the mo and it includes, gel, acrylic, natural tips, silk/fiberglass, 3D nail art...

White tips are self explanatory, they teach you natural cos they are the hardest to learn as you have to blend.

Helps this helps x

Hi, im currently training in level 2 nails although I've only just found out this course only includes acrylic and gel natural tips and not white tips, which are really popular, im wondering if I would need to go on to doing level 3 or if I could just teach myself to do the white tips? The college I'm at currently only does level 3 full time at a huge huge cost which I can't afford at the moment xx

If your over 24 there is government funding called 24+ advanced learning loan. It works the same as a student loan for fees for uni I believe. I got one for my Level 3 nails. I am loving my course which is run by a my local college in Leeds. I am doing it fast track, so it's one 5 1/2 hour evening a week (4pm-9:30pm) not sure how many colleges do the fast track courses - but your expected to do a lot of independent learning and practise at home. It's been perfect for me. Some of the methods I'm sure are dated, but I spend a lot of my free time researching like crazy and getting a lot of information from SG.

Latest posts

Back