Level 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyjade

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
one of my girls said she wanted to do her level 3 in nails and asked if I thought it would be worth her doing. I said I'd look into it and tell her ASAP but when I looked it seemed to be exactly the same as level 2? Am I missing something?

They can be similar, however the amount of assessments you do differs. Level 2 you are only assessed in one system, application and maintainance......Level 3 you are assessed in all 3 systems, application and maintainence (no maintenance for fibreglass).

Depending on where you train you may learn all 3 systems at Level 2, like Level 3 but your final assessment will only be 1 out of the 3 systems for instance Fibreglass, instead of Gel, Acrylic and Fibreglass.

It would probably be Level 3 Nail Services or the new equivilent of this you should take a look at. This is more advanced and specific for airbrushing, 3D, cut outs etc.

The assessments again differ depending on whether its an NVQ or VRQ.

Hope this helps!

I have done both.

Level 2 was manicures, pedicures, nail art and fibreglass.
Level 3 was gels and acrylics, fibreglass and more creative nail art like 3d work, tip shapes etc. Also an in-house competition for avante garde nail art.

I did a VTCT and had assessments in all three systems? Please forgive me if I'm wrong but from what you've said, the only difference I see (from my level 2) is in the nail art?
Thanks for the info tho ladies x

check first decide the choices where u have to do the nvq.
ask which awarding body will be doing the assessment , each awarding body will have a different criteria despite all being nvq. This should give u a better idea if this fulfils what you may be looking for .? WHy an nvq ?

I teach the City & Guilds Awards in both level 2 & level 3.
My students already must have completed a Manicure qual.
Level 2 consists of learning tip application & all three systems just in natural (no French/whites) and u r assessed on just one system & one form of maintenance. This is a 15 week course consisting of 3 hours a week.
Level 3 consists of learning all three systems including French/whites you also learn sculpting, you are assessed on a full set for all three systems, one set of infills, one set of rebalance, one soak off & one nail to be fixed.
This course when running for example 3 hours a week will take a whole academic year!
I hope this helps x

Latest posts

Back