lifting acrylic!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmoz33

Reaction score
i have been putting nails on myself for about 6 months or so now, when i put them on they are fine for about 2 weeks then i fill them in and the problems start...they lift all the time after 2 days they look awful am i forgetting something??? they are fine when i do a full set from scratch but then after one infill they can only be described as hideous :(
i have only been doing nails since the beginning of the year so any help would be great.
thank you.
kat xxx

are you getting it on the cuticle?

I think a lot of techs have this problem because they don't prep enough for a fill. Remember to not only file the acrylic flush with the skin but, to also push back those cuticles again and remove all of the dead skin that may be adhering to the nail (I use a cuticle stone to make sure). Then you can begin prepping and applying your product and seeing better results.

Another problem can be existing lifting. Make sure any signs of lifting are addressed because it will spread and affect the new application.

As was said before make sure you prep well, and also make sure you don't have any tiny line left when getting rid of any slight lift previously. The thing i used to have problems with when it comes to infills, you sometimes can work a little wet because you need a smaller bead for zone 3. This will mean you get more shrinkage as it sets which can also cause lifting.

The other thing is not to let it touch the skin at all as this will also cause the lift. As was said before make sure you are filing the older product down and then any lift will come straight off as long as you fils=e behind it and not on top of it. Hope you sort it out, keep trying, you will get there.

thanks for all your help, it just gets frustrating when it keeps happening. i think i may be getting too close to the cuticle i find it hard to do nails on myself any tips on how to get steady hand?

Latest posts

Back