Lifting problem-moist hands?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttmil

Reaction score
have at least one client that is a problem child as far as lifting. But here are a couple things I thought maybe if I shared someone might be able to offer some advice. First off I use YN core. Some things I have noticed, she comes weekly one week polish change next fill. You know how YN is clear and shiny when we finish buffing, well when she comes in the next week the acrylic feels different and looks kind of murky, more like they feel after file and before buffing. I've noticed her hands are very sticky moist, and I have her wash when she gets there before I start on her and within a couple minutes her hands feel like they are sweating. 68 degrees in salon, no ones hands should be sweating. Any advice ladies. She is a very loyal faithful client and I really want to find something to improve acrylic performance for her. Have started wondering if what is going on with her hands has anything to do with it and if so what would help. I've considered getting speed and trying it or trying gel on her. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

I will be honest and say that I am not sure about the sweating hands having an effect on the acrylic but there has been a couple of threads on here about oild nail plates, so maybe you could have a look at those to see if that is one of the signs. I presume your prep is very thorough. Do you use the Youngs Protein Bond as this is excellent if you are having problems with lifting. If you use the speed powders its just means that you can work a little more quickly as it sets faster, I usually switch to speed powders during the winter months as my room gets very warm during the summer and can effect curing time. The other thing that I do is to use the Young nails finish gel after I have finished buffing the l&p. It seals the enhancement and gives a fantastic gloss finish and you could then apply your polish. Also check what creams, cleaning fluids etc that your client is using this may be affecting the enhancements. Also you can always give Youngs a ring they will be more than happy to help.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back