Lifting when filing an infill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure whether anyone has mentioned this but could you be using a file that's too abrasive? If you're using a low grit file then you are going to cause a lot of vibration... The coarse files rip through the enhancement which could be loosening the product?

Xxx

Ah good thoughts - what grit do you recommend using?!

I have just seen OP write that she uses a 180 grit which is absolutely fine, sorry, I must have missed that when reading your post originally!

I've seen techs use 80 or 100 grit to remove lifting and it's a bit scary 😬 I tend to use a 180 and then switch to a 240 when I get close to the natural nail.

Xxx

I've tried using a buffer when I get nearer to the lifting but this doesn't seem to remove any gel/lifting. Now I was lead to believe a buffing block was 240, is this good enough or should I be using a 240 actual file? This could be where I'm going wrong.

Use a 240 file and buff gently when you get close to the cuticle, if your to vigorous it makes the bit behind it lift as well!

X

Latest posts

Back