Lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellant

Reaction score
Please can any one help. I have a a lady who has been coming to me now for a couple of months, and she was a bad nail biter. But she is only getting lifting at the side walls, which is confusing me a bit, as I am very thorough with my prep and none of my other clients are getting any lifting at all.

Could this be down to her being a nail biter.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, please.

Thank you for reading.

Hi, could it be something as simple as allowing product to touch the side walls. This will cause lifting there. Double check this is not the case.

Of course as a serial nail biter it is possible that she is gnawing away between services. The clients seldom admit to this though but this will be evident as she will likely be removing natural nail and the nail plate will be damaged.

Another thought is that she could have excessively oily nail plates which wasn't evident before as she had no nails to speak of I assume. HTH.

Thanks for that but I dont think it can be touching the sides as it seems funny it is only happening to one client.

Thanks for that but I dont think it can be touching the sides as it seems funny it is only happening to one client.
I understand what you are saying and this is probably not the reason but sometimes short, very bitten nails can be bulky and bulbous around the eponychium and side walls where it's easy for product to come in contact with skin. It was just a thought.

My guess then would be that she is gnawing away between services. xx

I had a similar problem where i have good prep but slight lifting at the sidewalls, i appoached my educator with the problem and she suggested i pushed the product slightly more onto the nail plate if this makes sense?! because as i was working to the sides of zone 2 i wasn't quite sculpting the acrylic i suppose as well i should have been like i did in zone 3 hense the lifting; which worked for me!! If not do you use prep boosters like nail fresh??they may help??

If she is having a crafty chew she will be putting pressure from her teeth onto the nails, even if it is not enough to break the acrylic, it might be enough to cause a bit of lifting in the sidewall area, especially if she nibbles at an angle, on the corner of the nail so to speak . . .

they never admit it though :rolleyes:

If she is having a crafty chew she will be putting pressure from her teeth onto the nails, even if it is not enough to break the acrylic, it might be enough to cause a bit of lifting in the sidewall area, especially if she nibbles at an angle, on the corner of the nail so to speak . . .

they never admit it though :rolleyes:

absolutely spot on with this one blossom!!!

nail biters (me being one LOL) are the absolute worst - i swear they chew in their sleep and dont even know they are doing it half the time!

xxxxxxxxx

Another reason could be - because she is a nail biter, you are pulling the side walls away from the nail plate, and YOUR finger and thumb (which you hold the side walls with) are touching HER nailplate,without you even realising it.... i had this prob many moons ago. i didnt even realise i was doing this, until i asked someone else, and she suggested that to me, i made a consious effort NOT to come close to the nail plate (WE ALL DO IT AT SOME POINT) and its not happened since flower.

just another suggestion to think about chick:hug:

Thank you so much for all your replies, she is due in on Friday so I will have to see then what has happened this time.

Thanks again.

Just thought that I would let you all know, that I had my lady back again last night, and I asked her if she did have a chew in between seeing me. She said that she does not chew but she does pick and when she showed me what she did , I think it could be the answer. She gets her nail and tries to pick the skin around the edge of her nail. I told her that, that would be the answer as really she is using her nails as a pair of teeth. I have told her to stop and I am seeing her in a fortnight, so lets see what happens then.

Latest posts

Back