Lines in elbows and knees! Advice wanted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanforeverbrown

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm still having problems spray tanning some people's elbows and knees correctly so they're not left with 'white lines' afterwards.

I always apply barrier cream to both places before starting to spray tan.

But I can't seem to get the application of the tan right so they don't have white lines left in the creases of their outer elbow and front of knees where the skin naturally wrinkles.

I've tried using a soft buffing mitt (not an exfoliating one, more like a very soft facecloth type material, bought from Sienna X) but I still can't seem to get a flawless finish with 'no white lines'.

I've tried getting them to hold arms up and straight and bent, but am still not getting it right on the elbows.

I've tried getting them to bend their knees slightly to get 'round the wrinkles' at the front but that's not working for the knee area and can then create further lines on the back of their legs!

Please can you advise on best technique for these areas?

Thanks

Bending knees and elbows slightly works for me. Dry off straight after then they can stand up straight again. Spray these areas lightly, more lightly than you do the other areas.

Thanks do you do the arms with the elbows straight and bent, so both ways?

No I get them to stand with their back to me and their arms bent and I Tan downwards twice. With fleshy knees and larger ladies I get them to bend knees slightly, spray then dry. I tanned a lady once and she phoned me when I was on my way home and said she had lines on her knees. I had to go back and do her knees [emoji35][emoji35]

Sometimes it's just the bronzer. When it's developed and washed of its fine.

That’s true.

Sometimes when I apply barrier cream to elbows and spray tan over the area it creates a white circle around the barrier cream, but when the client rinses all is evened out and fine.

I'd adjust your gun...i think you might be 'over spraying'
If too much is applied to the skin, it won't dry instantly, which could cause the products to 'pool' in these areas.
Turn it down, and a finer spray should/could help.;)
A soft buff to blend is also a good idea.:)

Latest posts

Back