Live XXL help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debihair3

Reaction score
Hi geeks I have a client tonight ( mobile) who has been using the dreaded xxl blonde .. She is now wanting me to colour her hair 12/11 wella
She has a base of a 8
Iv never coloured over the blonde xxl is this an ash colour as I'm thinking if I put 12/11 on her ends it will grab the ash
Has anyone else has this ?

How blonde is she, what's the base? You shouldn't put blonde over blonde! I would just do her roots and tone the ends, make sure you do test pieces though as xxl can cause reactions x

The base is 8 as stated the tone of the blonde is golden but she is now wanting string ash ( 12/11) totally different tone

Why not color the regrowth and then tone the ends to match?

you should really do a test cutting and use the colour you are thinking of to check that the XXL does not react can cause breakage!!

Personally i never touch anyones hair whove used live xxl, awful awful product!!!!

Strand test is important, i wouldnt recommend using a highlift over the hair that has has XXL on it, roots fair enough but a highlift will not lift coloured hair the tone will just grab. You need to lift the virgin hair up then tone the rest to match.

That's what I was planning on doing but what toner should I use the xxl is really yellow !! Iv never done anyone's hair who has xxl before and read so many bad reviews in here

He's what I was going to do
Lift the roots with 12/11 and 12%
Tone the lengths and ends with 12/11 and 3%

He's what I was going to do
Lift the roots with 12/11 and 12%
Tone the lengths and ends with 12/11 and 3%

I don't use wella but don't think it's advised to tone with hi lift

I'm still training so feel free to correct me! I would do virgin roots with 12/11 and 12% like you said and tone with a 10/1 (or 10/11) 3%. Highlift shouldn't be used to tone I don't think x

Hi just being nosey on this thread and wondered debihair and missy why live XXL is 'dreaded' and 'awful'??
Thanks! x

Hi just being nosey on this thread and wondered debihair and missy why live XXL is 'dreaded' and 'awful'??
Thanks! x

As its not a professional product and it ruins the hair! God knows whats in it!! Also its a nightmare to get out and can react with professional products we use

Oh ok! Thanks missy!xx

Well sorry to disappoint t some geeks but the colour worked fantastic ! I used 12/11 and 12 % on the root and 12/1 on the lengths and ends with 3% for 5 mins ( I sat and watched it ) absolutely perfect colour phew !!

At least it went ok think we have all had moments when there is panic of how a colour would turn out especially with xxl I had someone once she had the pink tried to go blonde on her own her hair turned green !! Xxx

Oh ok! Thanks missy!xx

I've been told it contains metallic salts and we all know how that will go!! Bubblegum hair or complete breakage.
Should be banned!!

Well sorry to disappoint t some geeks but the colour worked fantastic ! I used 12/11 and 12 % on the root and 12/1 on the lengths and ends with 3% for 5 mins ( I sat and watched it ) absolutely perfect colour phew !!

Wella don't have a 3% do they?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back