Live xxl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emzxxx

Reaction score
Hi there i was just wondering does anyone know what strength peroxide they use with the dreaded xxl reds, purples etc? Don't worry I wasn't thinking of using it haha. I was just thinking that it seems to lift to a wide range of levels of the general public so I'm thinking must be very high developer.

I think it will be more a case of high levels of ammonia rather than developer.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it will be more a case of high levels of ammonia rather than developer.

That could explain why it never come up on google lol don't know why I think of these random, pointless things that I want to know the answer of.

Its not pointless, I find it interesting too! I believe that most box colours use 20, 30 for blonde colours.

If they have so much ammonia, is this why they fade so quickly? and then where i get even more confused lol, why are (from what ive seen on here) so difficult to remove?? X

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

If they have so much ammonia, is this why they fade so quickly? and then where i get even more confused lol, why are (from what ive seen on here) so difficult to remove?? X

Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Some ave this silicone in which gives a shine, Then when you straighten the hair it locks this silicone into the hair and harder to remove.

Some colours could certainly be harder to remove than others, but I posted an experiment a while back where I coloured white swatches of hair black using Majirel, Koleston and Live XXL. When I used effasor to remove them, the XXL lifted much quicker than the other two, but the condition seemed to feel the worst by far, and ultimately the strength of the hair determines how far we can process it.

I also think it has a lot to do with the fact that it is a consumer product and seeing as the shades tend to be either really deep like blue blacks or really vibrant reds I think a lot of users take the colour though every time, so many times when a client comes to us with it on their hair they have a deep build up of it on their hair.

I'm pretty sure the xxxlive contain metallic salts.

Some colours could certainly be harder to remove than others, but I posted an experiment a while back where I coloured white swatches of hair black using Majirel, Koleston and Live XXL. When I used effasor to remove them, the XXL lifted much quicker than the other two, but the condition seemed to feel the worst by far, and ultimately the strength of the hair determines how far we can process it.

I also think it has a lot to do with the fact that it is a consumer product and seeing as the shades tend to be either really deep like blue blacks or really vibrant reds I think a lot of users take the colour though every time, so many times when a client comes to us with it on their hair they have a deep build up of it on their hair.

Ohh where is this experiment? I'd love to see it :o:o

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm pretty sure the xxxlive contain metallic salts.

Yes they do, I was taught to perform incompatibility test if the client says they used xxl live. And sometimes it can bubble up and react.

I've had reactions after xxl's too :(

I've always been interested to find out what they use in the box dyes too!

Latest posts

Back