Lomi Lomi Massage and Lava Shells any feedback?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danlj80

Reaction score
Hi im after feedback on anyone who has done or had done, Lomi Lomi (hawaiian) massage and Lava Shell Massage. As i am looking at adding these to my business, but would like to know what people think and are they worth doing? Also i run a mobile luxury spa, so they would need to be ok for mobile treatments.
Thanks

I run a mobile spa as well and lomi lomi is a popular treatment for me, its very relaxing with varied pressure although ive wanted to try a lava shell massage to see what its like as i would like to train in that too

Sent from my XOOM 2 using SalonGeek mobile app

I run a mobile spa too, and I offer Lomi Lomi and Lava Shells. I've found that people's expectations of a Lomi Lomi massage don't really match what it actually is, so I've adapted my treatment to make it more like the typical Swedish/balinese/aroma massage but with some Hawaiian techniques. I trained with a lady who runs most of the Lomi Lomi courses in the UK and although it's a very spiritual and exotic treatment, there's very little actual targeted massage or working on knots etc. It's just a constant flow over the body.

Lava shells are good and easy to do mobile, very expensive to do though!! Luckily I'm in an affluent area so I can charge a lot to make it worth my time. I'm not allowed to tell you trade prices on here but you can message me if you'd like to know.

There's also a new product by I think Tibby Oliver called I think hot rocks? Not sure if I have the names right. Sorry if this doesn't help!

I offer the Hot Lava Shells Relax and their Glacial Detox treatments and i think in being open for nearly 2 years i have done 3 Relax and no Glacial treatments. They are really nice treatments but are relatively expensive to do so its not really worth tagging them on to another treatment and i find that clients prefer the personal touch of massage. In all honesty if it didnt have the stock left from when i trained, i would have taken it off my treatment menu x

I offer the Hot Lava Shells Relax and their Glacial Detox treatments and i think in being open for nearly 2 years i have done 3 Relax and no Glacial treatments. They are really nice treatments but are relatively expensive to do so its not really worth tagging them on to another treatment and i find that clients prefer the personal touch of massage. In all honesty if it didnt have the stock left from when i trained, i would have taken it off my treatment menu x

Thanks for the honesty. I can't offer massage as I have a shoulder injury so was hoping lava shells may be my answer? Not too keen on hot stones x

Hi! I've been wanting to train in lomi lomi for ages but could never find a training course... Where did you girls train? X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks girls helps a lot. reason i was looking at lava shells was not a fan of hot stones and lots of equiptment to mess round with when doing mobile. yes i agree most people go for regular massage but i still have a few asking for hot stones and feel i wanted an alternative to offer. but yes i was worried about each treatment cost, i know over all cost of products training etc... but was a bit unsure about costing per treatment?
with lomi lomi yes it looks very relaxing and nice but i know what you mean with regards to not really getting into knots etc... i do already offer an around the world massage which has a bit of a few diffierent massages includung lomi lomi but was just trying to offer a wider range.
so just trying to see if its worth my while paying out for training etc.... on both, can anyone give me an idea of what they charge for lava shell massage and lomi lomi massage? and can these be broken down to say a 15min, 30min, 45min and 60min treatment?
thanks
xx

Where in UK can you train in LomiLomi Massage. I've been looking for somewhere to train in lomilomi for ages but couldn't find anywhere. Please help!

Many Many thanks in advance

One of the beauty suppliers, Ellisons I think has started selling Lava Shells and they offer an on-line training course as well so it saves you booking time to go for the massage course, location and costs. I know a couple of independent therapists who trained in Lava Shells like doing the treatment but don't get much call to do them. If you want to offer a heated treatment and you're mobile, why not try the Wavestone? This is a jade stone which you heat up in water, warm or cold. Costs about £50, no training as long you're already trained in massage so low start-up.

Where in UK can you train in LomiLomi Massage. I've been looking for somewhere to train in lomilomi for ages but couldn't find anywhere. Please help!

Many Many thanks in advance

Hi, we offer Lomi Lomi training in Glasgow, drop me a message if you like :)

One of the beauty suppliers, Ellisons I think has started selling Lava Shells and they offer an on-line training course as well so it saves you booking time to go for the massage course, location and costs. I know a couple of independent therapists who trained in Lava Shells like doing the treatment but don't get much call to do them. If you want to offer a heated treatment and you're mobile, why not try the Wavestone? This is a jade stone which you heat up in water, warm or cold. Costs about £50, no training as long you're already trained in massage so low start-up.

Wow that sounds good. I'll check that out. Do u just follow a regular massage routine with it then?

That wavestone sounds interesting........saves on sloshing water and stones everywhere.

Hi Catface, thanks for that. I can't send private messages on here otherwise I would definitely have been in touch re lomilomi. Are you able to give me another contact address? Many thanks

Zen Tranquilty offer lomi lomi training and have trainers dotted around the country if you look on their website. Excellent training and ongoing support. Re Lava Shells , i have personally been doing these for a couple of years now and have to say they are my best seller and the my prefered treatment to do as i LOVE the way it makes the client feel afterwards and the way they rave afterwards ( which leads to recommendations ) . I'm not a posh spa or greedy so i just incorporate the cost of the heat charges on top of a normal massage plus a couple of quid for the enhanced experience , ( plus passion ) ..and they flock . Even regular just waxing appointments have tried it and been converted.
I would say that i too have been tempted by ordering from ellisons , as i use them for loads of other stock as they're brilliant but as far as i saw they can only supply the mild heat charges , which is more for home care and not hot enough to sustain a professional massage cost effectively . So despite huge postage costs , i still believe the shared secrets route is the best way for flexibilty.
Btw I'm not affiliated with either of the companies I've just stated ... just a therapist who's been slogging on for 20 years still trying and testing everything :)

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back