Looking at getting 2 kittens

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airey fairy

Reaction score
As it says above I'm looking at getting two ginger Tom kittens brothers .... They are 11 weeks old eeek v exciting but nerve wracking at the same time here is a pic below they've been litter trained weaned and integrated with children / family I have no kids but myself and my partner .. Partner is a child sometimes 😂😂 any advice is greatly received etc questions to ask think of many thanks in advance !! How quick to get them neutered, go outside etc . We are not going to have a cat flap due to me having a fear of mice rats and frogs being brought in and our house wouldn't be easy to fit a cat flap 😻😻 ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414452681.257611.jpg

We currently have 2 nearly 7 week old ginger boys!

We also have a 7 year old cat too. Its great because they have each other for company, play together to wear each other out and all those things!

Its normally recommended to get them desexed between 4-8 months, best thing is to go to a trusted vet and ask them.

Depending on where you are, your council may also be able to offer vouchers towards having them desexed.

Also look for a national desexing month and desexing days. In australia its july and some vets offer desexing for around a third of the cost.

Thank you Amy ... I'm slightly worried with regards to leaving them in the house on their own I guess that's a normal worry I was going to let them have the kitchen and the hall way and stairs with hall way with nothing else ive heard aswell you can buy a spray that the cats don't like the smell of which is put it on furniture and another spray that they do like the smell of using that on their scratching post .... I hate them treading so im gonna have to get them to stop by holding their feet somehow lol awwww all the things to think of before getting 👍👍😂😂

Feliway i think one of the sprays is called, ive also heard they dont like lemon and pepper smells.

It seems impossible to get cat pee smell out of anything but once our big cat peed on the carpet so I soaked it up with paper towel, used vinegar and once it dried sprinkled bi carb soda over it and let it sit for a bit then vacuumed it up.

They will easily go in their litter if you show them where it is and try have 2 litter trays, its instinct for them to dig and go to the toilet where they can dig.

We left them alone today for the first time and i think they actually slept the whole time!!

In regards to going outside, we let them outside with us but once they can jump the fence they wont be allowed out unless its in the big enclosure we have. We have a big cat enclosure with a hammock :)

My babies are 8 months on Saturday! I got the 2 of them at 8 weeks and so glad I got 2! They are house cats so I can't help on the letting them out! I got them neutered about 5 weeks ago they recommend at about 6 months! They are both totally different in their personalities I just love them to bits!! Best thing I ever done! Xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414504261.951041.jpg
This was them before I got them!! So tiny xImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414504315.401397.jpg
And the day I got them! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1414504363.091215.jpg

Do it!!! 😃😻

Edit:- I have tried citrus spray on my voyles in my living room it doesn't work haha. They love scratching their scratch posts though! X

They're adorable!

Here's some information on the Blue Cross about kittens:

Blue Cross - Caring for your kitten

Personally I wouldn't let the kitten outside until it's neutered. I think
I had my boy cat neutered at 6 months. Although I think it's becoming common to neuter earlier than this these days.

Boy cats tend to wander so that's why I'd advise not letting them out till they've been "done" as they'll travel far and wide to get hold of a female when their hormones kick in.

You'll also need jabs - flu, eneritis and leukaemia ones.

Biggest advice - get pet insurance and the cats microchipped. Get scratching posts. Get a clothes brush as cat hair gets everywhere.

How are your kittens going to get into the house without a cat flap when you're out at work? Do you have a shed or will you leave a window open for them to get in if they're too hot/cold/wet or hurt?

I personally would get my cats in before it gets dark as most fatalities on the roads happen in the dark.

They're adorable!

Here's some information on the Blue Cross about kittens:

Blue Cross - Caring for your kitten

Personally I wouldn't let the kitten outside until it's neutered. I think
I had my boy cat neutered at 6 months. Although I think it's becoming common to neuter earlier than this these days.

Boy cats tend to wander so that's why I'd advise not letting them out till they've been "done" as they'll travel far and wide to get hold of a female when their hormones kick in.

You'll also need jabs - flu, eneritis and leukaemia ones.

Biggest advice - get pet insurance and the cats microchipped. Get scratching posts. Get a clothes brush as cat hair gets everywhere.

How are your kittens going to get into the house without a cat flap when you're out at work? Do you have a shed or will you leave a window open for them to get in if they're too hot/cold/wet or hurt?

I personally would get my cats in before it gets dark as most fatalities on the roads happen in the dark.

Thank you so much :) i've looked on the website and am going to buy all the bits n pieces needed today :) they are very cute ... What we are planning on doing is my partner is a rep leaving him more free to pop home whenever so he can in the morning have them out then can come later in the afternoon n let them back in it should be fine if it isn't then we will have to assess the situation but what we can do is make a little hut or something outside that's sheltered if they want to use that they can :) it does get hot in the summer in our garden so some kind of protection will be needed :) bless them, I'll be getting them both done at around 5 months I think 👍👍 so that's outta the way v excited but very nervous for my house haha x x

My babies are 8 months on Saturday! I got the 2 of them at 8 weeks and so glad I got 2! They are house cats so I can't help on the letting them out! I got them neutered about 5 weeks ago they recommend at about 6 months! They are both totally different in their personalities I just love them to bits!! Best thing I ever done! Xx View attachment 77780
This was them before I got them!! So tiny xView attachment 77781
And the day I got them! View attachment 77782

Do it!!! 😃😻

Edit:- I have tried citrus spray on my voyles in my living room it doesn't work haha. They love scratching their scratch posts though! X

Did they calm down after the snip?

I've got a 6 month tabby and she is wild !!

I think it's starting to upset my tortie a bit , the tabby is just one crazy mofo.

Did they calm down after the snip?

I've got a 6 month tabby and she is wild !!

I think it's starting to upset my tortie a bit , the tabby is just one crazy mofo.

My little girl calmed down loads after being done, she was so wappy before and attacked anything that moved - usually my poor feet 😂 shes still really playful but has stopped trying to climb the walls now! x

D day ( C day) tomorrow at 4 eeek v excited x x

My 2 boys are still the exact same as they were before they got done 😂 Ronnie was a bit more cuddly for a couple of weeks after but he's back to his usual self doesn't like cuddles just likes lying on you! And Reggie is absolutely no different!! Xx

As it says above I'm looking at getting two ginger Tom kittens brothers .... They are 11 weeks old eeek v exciting but nerve wracking at the same time here is a pic below they've been litter trained weaned and integrated with children / family I have no kids but myself and my partner .. Partner is a child sometimes 😂😂 any advice is greatly received etc questions to ask think of many thanks in advance !! How quick to get them neutered, go outside etc . We are not going to have a cat flap due to me having a fear of mice rats and frogs being brought in and our house wouldn't be easy to fit a cat flap 😻😻View attachment 77757

Hi lovely :) I thought I'd pass on some advice which I found out having cats myself. When cleaning your laminate flooring or hard wood flooring don't use anything flowery smelling. They will pee instantly on it. They hate it lol. I used zaflora on my floors when I had my cats and I would find puddles of pee on my floor! Then I was told that they hate the smell of that so would instantly pee on it as they see it as a threat! lol!

They also hate anything citrus so if you don't want anything ruined spraying something citrus or wipping it with citrus will stop them =]

Since they are from the same litter they will have worked out who is boss so you wont need to worry about them being home alone. They will obviously be very curious and find themselves in odd places (found my boy in the cupboard where the old boiler was!) but they will always find their way out. And because they've got each other they should settle easier too!

Also, certain flowers you do have to avoid as they are dangerous to cats or some they don't like as they will knock them over/pee on them/destroy them lol.

Defiantly get lots of things to play with or else you might find yourself being pawed in the face in the middle of the night to have a play or your feet might be fair game too haha.

Life with cats is great though. I wish you a happy life with them :) xx

Hello, just curious to see how you have found having the 2 kittens! :)

Hello, just curious to see how you have found having the 2 kittens! :)

Hi amy ..., after all that ( I'm devastated ) I had to get rid what I didn't realise was that I had a phobia of them 😢😢😢 they were great with one another and settled in soo well but I couldn't hack the playing it was done lovely by them nothing aggressive but they were jumping around n running up n down the stairs launching themselves at anything that I couldn't hack it my partner needless to say isn't best pleased x x x thank you for thinking of me :)

Hi amy ..., after all that ( I'm devastated ) I had to get rid what I didn't realise was that I had a phobia of them 😢😢😢 they were great with one another and settled in soo well but I couldn't hack the playing it was done lovely by them nothing aggressive but they were jumping around n running up n down the stairs launching themselves at anything that I couldn't hack it my partner needless to say isn't best pleased x x x thank you for thinking of me :)

Oh no that is no good!

I know what you mean about the kittens launching themselves at anything and everything... Ours launch at the child locks on the kitchen draws, into the fridge when we open it and they climb up the bottom of your legs, regardless of whether they are bare or have clothes on them!

Oh no that is no good!

I know what you mean about the kittens launching themselves at anything and everything... Ours launch at the child locks on the kitchen draws, into the fridge when we open it and they climb up the bottom of your legs, regardless of whether they are bare or have clothes on them!

Mine are almost 9 months old and still doing this! Especially under covers when you move 😂 one of my kittens has started chewing the handles on my drawers?? So random!
So sad for you that you had to get rid of them :( they are beautiful wee things xx

I have a 6 month old kitten and Two 10 yr old cats (brother and sister) it's like a race track indoors when it's really windy outside, for some reason they go skitzy.
Breakfast time is a race against time who can get down the stairs first, I have to stand still until they pass me lol

The baby still pounces all over the bed when you move, and chases anything he sees move...even if we can't see it...he can lol

I'm dreading the Xmas tree this year :eek::D

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a 6 month old kitten and Two 10 yr old cats (brother and sister) it's like a race track indoors when it's really windy outside, for some reason they go skitzy.
Breakfast time is a race against time who can get down the stairs first, I have to stand still until they pass me lol

The baby still pounces all over the bed when you move, and chases anything he sees move...even if we can't see it...he can lol

I'm dreading the Xmas tree this year :eek::D

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha sounds like my house!

Wiggles who went missing in July used to swipe for you until you fed him, the rest of the time he was a cuddly fluffy bear but when it came to feeding he would take anything down :)

francesXXX who is his brother has turned into wiggles, he used to be so quiet at feeding and would wait now he is like a monster. He is 3 and he is still scatty. Chasing everything in sight. He loves laces and shadows. We brought a cat laser for them and it was the best thing ever.

As for the xmas tree francesXXX loves it! He will climb up and sit in it.

This is him last year.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1416654126492.jpg
    1416654126492.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 50
Thank you all for not laughing at me ... I felt so stupid even as I was typing 😳😳😳 they all look gorgeous but it's just not me i guess :( the Christmas tree I was thinking of that I hope it isn't too bad for you all x x x

Latest posts

Back