Looking for a mannequin head with human hair to practice hair styles, please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With VAT the price of that Sibel Jenny head isn't far off the price of a Hairart head with shoulders.

The hair does look lovely though.

The longer human hair ones are really expensive. I suppose it depends what you want to practice on it and how long you need the hair and the price you are willing to pay.
I personally need one for lvl3 at college but I'm only getting a cheaper £30ish one, about 14-18inch as we always end up cutting them short during the course.
Eventually I plan on buying a long high quality human hair for practicing updo's mostly

I'm out and about at the moment but when I get home, I'll get one of the Jenny heads out and have a look at it. I've got a new one I haven't trimmed at all yet so I'll take a pic and also measure the length.

Yes, don't waste money buying good ones for your level 3. The yellow cheapy heads that are about £20 are fine for cutting practise but you can't use much heat on them.

I actually bought 2 of mine from Sallys a couple of years ago when I was in the UK. I'm sure they were only about £40 each. :)
I found a number for the education supplies section and they sold them much cheaper than in the actual Sallys store. Might be worth checking it out.

Last edited:
I have a trade card for Sally's/salon services and they have VAT days once a month for big savings - you just need to catch them!

I have a trade card for Sally's/salon services and they have VAT days once a month for big savings - you just need to catch them!
I got that as well . Would u recommend one buying from sallys and if so what length it should be as I have to practice backcombing and updo please .
thank you

My hair up course recommend 18-20inch. X

Is Sallys better than Alan Howard? I've never bought anything from Sallys cause I live right by Alan Howard. Do you save more money there?

My head from Sally salon service seemed quite good quality to me but I've not seen or used any different ones.
Mine was 14-18in for college and I will say the hair needed a good trim to get an even length so after that it was probably just a 14in
The hair styled quite well but didn't seem to respond to products the same way as clients hair did, I'm not sure if that is to do with quality/processing of the hair as the cuticles have been stripped and what ever else done to it.
Also if you tried to wash it or even rising after chemical treatments or... Anything it matted like crazy.
It's a shame they don't supply more heads so you can go in and give them a feel to see the quality difference.

I bought one off ebay that was from China and the hair was lovely when it come. But when washed it was unusable. I put bleach and 12% on and left it for about 5 hours. Literally nothing happened! I bet it's hair that has been taken from hairbrushes.

I got a jarg one from ebay once "90% human hair" it said, i did the same as you allan and bleached it... Nada. Hair was still exactly the same colour.

I don't think Sallys is particularly cheap, even on a VAT free day. Definitely shop around and if you're thinking of going to Salon International in October, consider saving your cash and see if you can pick up any bargains at the show.

The other good brand I'd recommend is PivotPoint. Their heads are excellent quality.

http://www.pivotpoint.co.uk/shop.html

I don't think Sallys is particularly cheap, even on a VAT free day. Definitely shop around and if you're thinking of going to Salon International in October, consider saving your cash and see if you can pick up any bargains at the show.

The other good brand I'd recommend is PivotPoint. Their heads are excellent quality.

http://www.pivotpoint.co.uk/shop.html

What wholesalers do you use? I agree about sallys not being cheap at all, i only buy things from there on VAT free days but I don't find other wholesalers much cheaper once you add VAT and shipping costs. I'm not sure if there are any smaller/independent ones local to me either as i'm new to the industry.

The pivotpoint heads you linked look really handy for training and beyond with the changable hair

HAHAHA Cam... 'Jarg'. I love that.

When I first started my Level 2 we got a head by 'Dreams' I think they were called. That was a brilliant head.

Hey,

Banbury Postiche have amazing heads- not badly priced either for the quality

I worked on the World skills wales masterclasses and we worked on th1136 head long hair . They are priced at about 45/50 not sure if thats inc VAT.

hope this helps

Bailey x

Latest posts

Back