Looking for a nail desk to rent - ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailcandymk

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I currently have a nail room in my house that I use to do nails (cnd shellac / gel II) . I started doing nails nearly a year ago but I live in an area in Milton Keynes that seems to have loads of people who love cheap nails, especially acrylics. There are 3 nss on the high street who are always full. So I don't live in the best area to get natural nail clients who prefer quality over price. So I was thinking of maybe renting a nail desk in the city centre or a different area of Milton Keynes to get more exposure to potential clients. At the moment in the centre MK there is one salon type business that do brows and shellac nails and there is no space for extra desks there (and I doubt they would want someone else). There is also champneys at boots and they do Jessica geleration. I think there is another nail and beauty salon close to the city centre but I don't think there are any others in the actual shopping centre. Is it worth approaching a hair dressing salon to ask if I can rent a space? We have a zig zags, super cuts,
Regis etc.. Has anyone ever approached a salon chain to ask if they can rent a space to do nails? I don't know if it's a stupid idea.. I don't have any other ideas of what I could do.. Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received [emoji4] (I've only been doing nails for nearly a year now so I'm still quite new - learning new things every day but I do love it)

Hiya,
I had the same thing. I started a year ago and only do natural nails and there's nothing but NSS salons in my area. I checked gumtree for ads every day. I called hair salons as opposed to nails salons. I got a few potentials but nothing came of them as we couldn't agree rent but you never know if you don't try. I resorted to putting up my own ad on gumtree. I got two responses within a week. I chose the second offer as they were a new woman-only salon and we could grow together.
In my ad I wrote a small intro of me, what days I wanted, what services I do and what post codes I was willing to work in. I also put up a few photos of my work.
You could give that a try. You might catch the attention of someone opening a new salon or something.
Hope this helps.

Hi everyone
I currently have a nail room in my house that I use to do nails (cnd shellac / gel II) . I started doing nails nearly a year ago but I live in an area in Milton Keynes that seems to have loads of people who love cheap nails, especially acrylics. There are 3 nss on the high street who are always full. So I don't live in the best area to get natural nail clients who prefer quality over price. So I was thinking of maybe renting a nail desk in the city centre or a different area of Milton Keynes to get more exposure to potential clients. At the moment in the centre MK there is one salon type business that do brows and shellac nails and there is no space for extra desks there (and I doubt they would want someone else). There is also champneys at boots and they do Jessica geleration. I think there is another nail and beauty salon close to the city centre but I don't think there are any others in the actual shopping centre. Is it worth approaching a hair dressing salon to ask if I can rent a space? We have a zig zags, super cuts,
Regis etc.. Has anyone ever approached a salon chain to ask if they can rent a space to do nails? I don't know if it's a stupid idea.. I don't have any other ideas of what I could do.. Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received [emoji4] (I've only been doing nails for nearly a year now so I'm still quite new - learning new things every day but I do love it)
Definitely invite yourself into a salon! I always have a nail tech in situ at mine and it works really well and I've seen it in many salons. Good luck.

Thank you both for Ur replies [emoji4][emoji4] I'll give it my best shot!

Latest posts

Back