Looking to train in nails but which course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and looking to train in a few different beauty regimes with the intention of becoming a mobile beauty therapist in the future.

I've looked at difference courses and would definitely like to train in acrylics, UV gel nails and either gellish or shellac. I've seen a lot of 1 day courses but would prefer something that offers a few more days so I can go back over any issues I'm having etc. Are there are places you would recommend training for the acrylics and UV gels? I live in London and would need something part time or a course that takes maximum 2 consecutive weeks to complete. Regarding the gellish or shellac training, would one would you recommend I train in? And where etc?

I trained with young nails and it was a 4 week course every Sunday just and it was really good. Then you can do a onversion course to uv gel x

I trained with young nails and it was a 4 week course every Sunday just and it was really good. Then you can do a onversion course to uv gel x

Thanks for replying. I just looked online but there doesn't seem to be any London courses. I might call the lady for the Essex course though and see how far that is. Thank you

CND creative academy in London is 6 days L&P, 4 days initially then rebalance class 2 weeks later, and final rebalance and assessment after another 2weeks.
Then from there you can do a 2day conversion for UV gel and a 1day conversion for shellac.

I did shellac beginners as it's worthwhile for the kit and gives a string foundation for nail anatomy, h&s etc and you can start making money straight away whilst you complete other courses :) highly recommend, Anna is fabulous (and win educator of the year) :) xx

CND creative academy in London is 6 days L&P, 4 days initially then rebalance class 2 weeks later, and final rebalance and assessment after another 2weeks.
Then from there you can do a 2day conversion for UV gel and a 1day conversion for shellac.

I did shellac beginners as it's worthwhile for the kit and gives a string foundation for nail anatomy, h&s etc and you can start making money straight away whilst you complete other courses :) highly recommend, Anna is fabulous (and win educator of the year) :) xx

I've been looking in to them & think I will go with them! So you started out with Shellac and then onto acrylic & uv gels? I need to look into the cost of their conversion courses and see how much it would cost me in total. I'd preferably like to master one skill before going on to the next.

I completed shellac beginners, then the following week started l&p. I've since completed the prerequisites to the master painter and the spa mani course and also the l&p illusion sculpting :)

I have t completed the gels as, like you say, I want to master l&p first, and tbh it takes along time to get all areas of your application correct AND be able to do it in a reasonable time. I think I will do my master sculptor before I even think about moving gels, but defo will eventually as if love to get to grand master eventually :) it's totally addictive xx

Hi I've recently left an nvq3 nail course half way through due to finding out they were not accredited trainers, so have been looking at young nails L&P. Do you have any type of exam at the end or is it just practical assessment? Also I want to do gel extension so basically you just do a conversation course for that ? I was wondering about that as what's the point in having to learn all the anatomy again etc. So that works out cheaper ? What did you think of young nails training ? X

Hi I've recently left an nvq3 nail course half way through due to finding out they were not accredited trainers, so have been looking at young nails L&P. Do you have any type of exam at the end or is it just practical assessment? Also I want to do gel extension so basically you just do a conversation course for that ? I was wondering about that as what's the point in having to learn all the anatomy again etc. So that works out cheaper ? What did you think of young nails training ? X

Hi sorry for the late reply. Yes on the last day of the course you have to sit an exam (very hard to study for with a newborn baby but got there in the end[emoji85]) and you bring in a client you have done nails on two weeks previous and do infills. Well since I've qualified in acrylics with them I can just do the gel conversion course and because I know all the theory it's just the practical then and yes it works out cheaper. Go onto their facebook they're always putting up courses and prices etc! I found it really good and because there was only 4 of us in the class they really focuses on each person! Hope this helps X

Latest posts

Back