Losing clients after price increase

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnailsbylisax

Reaction score
I had a slight price increase as of 1st of April which i didn't think was too drastic. I was charging £20 for full set & £25 with any nail art. I have since increased a basic set to £25, with nail art £30 & £2.50 per nail for 3d.

Are these prices too high? Bearing in mind i am mobile aswell. I have had 3 clients cancel since Tuesday & it seems too much of a coincidence that it ties in with the increase. Also, not one of them has text to let me know! I have text them on the day to remind them & they have all come up with an excuse :(

Only you can decide if it's too high or not I guess. Look at what others are charging in your area & calculate your own costs...... Besides that, you have to put a value/worth on your own time and ability & I'm sure you're worth what you're wanting to charge! :p

As a matter of interest, I recently did some calculations for a mobile tech who's going to be coming and renting a desk in my new place soon. Based on her current client base, she's making 43% profit & when static she'll be up at 84%! Many mobiles don't take into account travel time & costs, set up time etc..... So £30 to me doesn't sound expensive - especially when the client has the convenience of YOU going to THEM!

Stick to your guns. Xx

Did you pre warn your clients a slight price increase was coming on a certain date? Personally a slight increase to me is a couple of pounds, five pounds is a big jump for someone who maybe at the top of their budget anyway.
I don't think it's too expensive though, but it completely depends on your standard, area, competition etc
:)

Did you pre warn your clients a slight price increase was coming on a certain date? Personally a slight increase to me is a couple of pounds, five pounds is a big jump for someone who maybe at the top of their budget anyway.
I don't think it's too expensive though, but it completely depends on your standard, area, competition etc
:)

Made everyone aware on my facebook page end of Feb :) i wasn't really making anything due to petrol & only charging £20-£25 & with them asking for detailed nail art. It was taking me 30-45 mins to do just the nail art so an extra £5 for that to me doesn't seem too bad but i understand where you're coming from.

It's annoyed me the most the fact that they all booked in knowing my new prices & they didn't get in touch with me - i got in touch with them! I don't see why its so hard to tex & let me know they have cancelled? Or even not book in at all if they don't like my new prices

If you advertised before hand & they new what the new prices were going to be in advance then you did everything right & they were aware of the jump.
You have to value your time. :) & if your standard is high & they do wander to cheaper, hopefully they'll be back. :) stay firm xx

I'm just scared now that i won't get any new clients. I see alot of people asking on facebook who does nails cheap & then people offering them at £10-£15. I could nevet do that but then i feel i should just so i can get clients in x

Latest posts

Back