Loyalty card - am I too generous, any feedback?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welshie Lou Lou

Reaction score
Just want to see what some of you think.
Just ordered some loyalty cards, collect 5 stamps, get 6 half price.
Too generous? I'm wondering if I should have put 25% discount?

Hi, I would say 25% instead, I've done loyalty cards at 1/2 price treatment before an felt as though I had shot myself in the foot so to speak. Or you could leave it at 1/2 price but make it the 10th treatment? I would say remember your small print, ie the same value treatments, valid time spam etc.
I had a client once had a load of eyebrow and lip waxes and then wanted to redeem the 1/2 treatment against a luxury facial!
Let us know how you get on! 👍

Hayley :)

Some people might say that was too generous, but it depends why you are are doing it. If you already have your cards printed up I would go with it. I'd suggest not giving the card to everyone who comes in on their first appointment, instead give a card to clients who have already been coming for a while. That way you are rewarding loyal custom with a generous deal, not promising a half price service to new clients who haven't yet become regulars.
You need to decide if the card will just be a one off or if you will continue with a new card when the first one is full... It might be difficult to stop or change the deal if your clients just come to expect it.

Thank you Hayley.
I know what you mean. At the moment I only do nails and facials so all treatments cost £10 or over, but soon I will be doing waxing and offering eyebrow shaping.
I might re order some more and be more specific.

Any more comments will be appreciated. Xx

It sort of depends what they have to do to get 5 stamps. If you give a stamp every time they come, regardless of spend, then it is overly generous. So as has been said, a client comes for 5 eye brow tidies then gets 50% off a £60 facial?
If that's the case then it is way to generous.
I don't currently do any loyalty scheme but our prices are extremely reasonable and every so often we offer 20% off promotions to our client base.
We send our good clients a 20% voucher in a Christmas card that can be redeemed from Jan till March but the treatment has to be £20 or over and we give every new client a '£10 off your next treatment' voucher which can be used for anything.

Hope that has helped a bit.

Vicki x

You have to weigh up the value of making your offers too good.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine are the same. I give them the card on their second appointment, then they have to fill 5 appointments then get 50% off the next. So say they are a regular Shellac client they will have spent £130 with me before they £10 off, which is a nice way of thanking them for being loyal and isn't really giving away a lot of money. Clients love it! They get excited the closer they get lol and I've even had new client referrals mention it. I do actually encourage them to use it on a different treatment if they want as it's a great way to up sell a more expensive treatment they've never tried before and hopefully would book again. It does work, it does keep them coming back but if I'm totally honest my heart always sinks a little when I realise their card is full lol

Thank you Hayley.
I know what you mean. At the moment I only do nails and facials so all treatments cost £10 or over, but soon I will be doing waxing and offering eyebrow shaping.
I might re order some more and be more specific.

Any more comments will be appreciated. Xx

Thank you pure and Vicky!
Love the Christmas voucher idea too.
I do a birthday discount offer to regular clients.
X

Another point that I just thought of... Clients tend to loose their loyalty cards so think about whether you keep them, they keep them, you keep a record or make it clear that if lost its not valid, you'd be surprised how many people will try it on for a discount! As was just posted, my heart used to sink a little too when the card was full... Sometimes I think loyalty schemes are more hassle than their worth. Deffo have a good think first and make it work for you, and as posted don't hand them out to everyone x

Hayley :)

I use loyalty cards. They get a stamp when they spend £20 or more. When the card is full they receive 25% off a following treatment. We try to persuade them to use it off a luxury treatment but even if they use it off a half leg wax priced at £19.50 they sill have to pay £14.65 so it doesn't discount it too much!
50% may be a teeny bit too generous but why not give it a whirl and see how it goes and advertise it as "for a limited time only" kind of loyalty card so you can change it when necessary :)

Hope this helps x

This is the loyalty scheme I offer, spend over £10 get a stamp, collect 5 stamps and the 6th treatment is half price. It has worked out so far as most of my clients book a few things in at once and my half price treatment is always the cheapest one so it has worked out so far x

I do £5 off on the 6th treatment and £10 off the 11th x

Where do you get your loyalty cards from? Xx

I offer 5 stamps get a set of nails for free. I will eventually change it but want to build my regular clients up first. I get my cards from ebay. They are the cheapest around, you design them and can put ur own logo on! They are really good quality too xx

My clients get a point for every set of nails and when they reach 10 points they get £10 off. It used to be every 5 treatments but that came round too quick lol the only people I kept at 5 were a few from the very start xx

I also do courses. So they can have a course of massages or facials on their nails. They get 6 but only pay for 5 so technically one free but they pay upfront for them then you can have anyone messing you around. Clients love it as they can save a lot of money when they're regulars and gets your clients coming back on a regular basis to use their course x

Lovin it, do you give them a card, or do you tot up their points on your client record card?
If yiu use a card, how have you phrased it?
I like that idea!
Now I've order the cards, I think I might give them out to my faithful regulars, and order some different ones for newbies!

Lovin it, do you give them a card, or do you tot up their points on your client record card?
If yiu use a card, how have you phrased it?
I like that idea!
Now I've order the cards, I think I might give them out to my faithful regulars, and order some different ones for newbies!

We just keep note on their records. Tried it with giving them a card but they lost them or misplaced them or forget them. Much easier for us to take control of the situation! I just tell them there is a course available when taking about rebooking and paying! Clients love it, I love it and it makes them come back. Clients love any money saving tips! X

Gosh I'm feeling very stingy reading this! My clients get a stamp for every treatment over £15, 10 stamps gets 10% off their next treatment. 😊x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

It's on a card, across the top it says collect 10 points and receive £10 off, at the bottom are 10 circles that I stamp every time they come and in between is a space to write pending appointments. I fill out their client card on every visit so can also keep track that way. They tend to look after them because they love a saving and it has their appointments written on it x

Latest posts

Back