Loyalty Cards

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VirginiaW

Reaction score
Hi there

I currently operate a loyalty card scheme whereby after the 10th visit, the client will get a free (regular) treatment.

I would like to change the redemption offer, and would like to hear your suggestions.

Giving a way a free treatment was ok whilst building my client base, and although i still would like to keep up the incentive, i just think giving away free treatment (time poor as i work alone) is no longer productive.

Your thoughts please.:idea:

Hi there

I currently operate a loyalty card scheme whereby after the 10th visit, the client will get a free (regular) treatment.

I would like to change the redemption offer, and would like to hear your suggestions.

Giving a way a free treatment was ok whilst building my client base, and although i still would like to keep up the incentive, i just think giving away free treatment (time poor as i work alone) is no longer productive.

Your thoughts please.:idea:
I am also introducing a customer loyality system, and was going tyo put a post here to see what other people offered.. I was thinking the same as you and offering a free one after 10 treatments. I have a flexible pricing tariff for my most people popular treatment so I can I guess charge a little extra for each treatment to cover the free one....
One of my friends has regular mani/pedis and they operate a loyalty card, but its only £5 off... it will be interesting to see how other therapists offer the scheme.
From a customer perspective I think the loyalty shows that we value their custom, but it needs to be balanced...
Maybe some products may be another option, if the cost of the products work out more cost effective than your time??

Thanks Jack

I have offered a half price spray tan after so many treatments, that way at least my costs are covered and depending on how local they are I may still earn some money from it so its not a total waste of time and the client still feels as if they are getting something.

I am still debating whether to give them to customers that live really far away as it might not be worth my time. I will see what happens.

I think a loyalty scheme is really good it makes clients feel special to your salon and shies you appreciate there customer what about offering a discount or giving them a treatment for half the price after there 10th treatment. In the previous salon I was in we use to do a block of 5 treatments of the same 5 treatments and pay up front recieve 10 or 20% discount it worked well x

Hi,

The half-price option is really good.

I had my loyalty cards printed as '10th treatment free' but never actually used them as I decided that I'm already very good value for money, usually give clients extra time anyway, and when it comes to massage, I just couldn't give away the energy that goes into say a 90' massage.

I would do it half-price though as at least I'd still get something and I wouldn't feel like I'd worked the whole morning/afternoon for nothing.

I do have some treatments which require a lot less physical effort so I'll do a course of 6 for the price of 5. Which makes it a lot more generous than my loyalty card BUT they have to pay in advance AND I get to say which treatments.

Depending on what you do, you might find you don't mind doing certain treatments for free (ie if they don't cost you much in stock and maybe don't take to long). Maybe you could offer those. Even if it's not something the client has had for the previous 9 times then you could sell it as an opportunity to try something new for free?

x

I have a loyalty system and after accumulating 10 points they get a free treatment. I give a choice of about 4 options but never the things which they normally book. Eg a massage client would be offered a body scrub or mini pedicure, that way they are often tempted to have these therapies as well as their normal ones. It has worked well so far.

i do a loyalty card for bio sculpture clients, i charge £30 a treatment and every 5 treatments they get £10 off .The clients love it! so they have to spend £150 to get their money off . Hope this helps

Thank you all for your comments. I knew I could rely on submitting a thread on this topic to help me make my decison.

Best wishes

I'm still new to the business and offer 50% off the 9th treatment, or they can save it for a treatment they want 50% off. I don't mind what treatment it is and find that my cards are always kept so they have my number to call me up and we duly tick off each treatment each time. I also have a 25% off a whole treatment session incentive for clients who recommends a new person who then has a treatment with me. I give out a slip of paper that looks like a coupon so they can use it when they want.

Caroline x

I offer loyalty cards for products sales, once they have filled the card they get a free manicure of mini facial

The problem with a stamp per treatment is not all clients have the same treatment throughout, due to this our loyalty scheme is through how much they spend, so in our case we have a card with 10 boxes and for every £25.00 they spend they get a stamp in the box, if they spend less than £25.00 we write the figure in the box then the next time add there next spend to it etc. as an incentive we have the first 5 square give the client a smaller free treatment or they can continue to the 10 squares and get a bigger treatment. This way all’s fair the clients have spent the same amount to get the reward, they have two options so for clients who spend less it achievable and you can chose which treatments are the most cost effective for you to offer. We also put a valid to date which is a year. We find this really works well and clients love it!

Hi

We offer a stamp on anything over £20.00. On their 7th visit they receive 15% off anything over £20.00. We have seperate boxes for hair and beauty.

It works well for us.

Debbie

I have a loyalty card for shellac. As it's such a frequent treatment (every 2 weeks). They get 6 stamps and them we send them a £20 voucher in the post in a nice gift box with our price list, dermalogica samples,etc...

So they would have spent minimum of £180 before they get their £20 voucher.

I think it works better when a loyalty card is for one specific treatment.

I also do a recommend a friend card offering my client and her friend 20% off once her friend has been in.

I do a dermalogica points card too, every £20 they spend on dermalogica products they get a stamp which is worth 5 minutes of treatment time. One card has 6 sections for a stamp so once all 6 stamps have been filled they are owed 30 minutes of massage or facial time.

Amy

I am getting loyalty cards made for my new salon :) I actually saw a salon up north that used the scheme so I am basing it on there's...
After 10 appointments they have a free treatment* valued at the lowest price they paid. If that makes sense... So if they spend £30 a manicure then they have a £8.50 eyebrow wax on the card then it is £8.50 they get to spend. There are good points and bad to all of them :(

It so confusing making all these decsions! X

Latest posts

Back