Lumps and bumps on legs after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

80's Girl

Reaction score
image.jpg
I've trained in waxing but recently dropped it from my menu - I'm mobile so it was a bit of a hassle but I didn't really promote it either due to lack of confidence. I continue to wax my own legs but they're never smooth - there's always lumps and bumps. Is this purely down to lack of proper exfoliation? What would you recommend? I can hardly sell it to clients when I'm not happy with the results on myself. Many thanks.

Exfoliating and moisturising are 2 of the most important things when waxing. I would exfoliate 1-2 times a week and moisturise every day.
I also wax my own legs and occasionally get bumps as you can't always pull properly doing it yourself.

Exfoliating and moisturising are 2 of the most important things when waxing. I would exfoliate 1-2 times a week and moisturise every day.
I also wax my own legs and occasionally get bumps as you can't always pull properly doing it yourself.
Thank you for your reply. What do you use to exfoliate? :)

I use Neals Yard products within my salon so I use them but you could use exfoliating gloves of you want. As long as it's got a good exfoliating action and it's not just a body wash with a bit of scrub through it.

Have you used a body brush before? I recently bought one for myself, its got rubber prongs as well as rough bristles that I like to use with an oily cleanser in the shower. It has helped to really exfoliate because my skin has been super soft. Funnily enough I read a trick that really works is using a toner, and then a stick deodorant over waxed areas right after you finish. I recently found a site called www.mybeautymatches.com that comes up with products based on your skin problems. It makes you take a beauty quiz so it can find personal products like if you have itchy skin or rashes. I have quite sensitive skin so it's only come up with products for sensitive skin, and I found some things I never heard of before that might be nice to change up the routine.

Latest posts

Back