LVL eyelash lift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waxing-Witch

Reaction score
Hi all! I was just wondering if you could help me with a question.. It seems the only difference between an eyelash perm and tint and an lvl lift, is the silicone pads used.. (first of all is that right?!) so can I offer lvl eyelash lift as a treatment using products from salon services or is this treatment nouveau copywrite?! Because I've learn mixed things and recently got told by another therapist that lvl lash lift was a nouveau treatment only?! Help!

There is two issues. If you are trained in perming you would need to check with your insurance if they will cover you for lifting as most insurances class this as separate treatments so you would need a certificate. If you want to offer this to paying clients it would definitely be worth to do a conversion so you can get reliable results.

The other thing is that LVL is brand name so could be breaching their rights by calling your lifting treatment LVL but there is other companies too which offer training and products for lash lifting

The treatment branded as the LVL is a lash perm. It has the trendier sounding lash lift because people equate the word “perm” with an old hair technique. But the LVL is lash perming. I have not yet come across an insurer in the UK (lived there for five years) who separates LVL from lash perming. If they do, then best not to go with them as you want an insurer who knows what it is they’re underwriting. As for copyright and other intellectual property issues, you can’t use LVL as a selling name as it belongs to Nouveau Lashes. So the NAME is a Nouveau Lash only thing but the actual treatment is not. I have also seen claims that they came up with the treatment. Well in terms of branding and how they train may be but as for the actual treatment - eg. The application of the rod, shield, solution, neutraliser etc absolutely not. I did my beauty training in 2004 and part of my assessed skill set included lash perming. It’s been around since the 50s. Well before Nouveau raised its scary little head in 2006. :cool:

The treatment branded as the LVL is a lash perm. It has the trendier sounding lash lift because people equate the word “perm” with an old hair technique. But the LVL is lash perming. I have not yet come across an insurer in the UK (lived there for five years) who separates LVL from lash perming. If they do, then best not to go with them as you want an insurer who knows what it is they’re underwriting. As for copyright and other intellectual property issues, you can’t use LVL as a selling name as it belongs to Nouveau Lashes. So the NAME is a Nouveau Lash only thing but the actual treatment is not. I have also seen claims that they came up with the treatment. Well in terms of branding and how they train may be but as for the actual treatment - eg. The application of the rod, shield, solution, neutraliser etc absolutely not. I did my beauty training in 2004 and part of my assessed skill set included lash perming. It’s been around since the 50s. Well before Nouveau raised its scary little head in 2006. :cool:
Thank you so much for your reply. I ended up checking with my insurance and they do indeed class lash lifting and perming as the same thing. I think so many companies like to make you think its massively different so they can push additional training and make money from it but when I've done perming and confident doing it, it seems like a waste of time for a piece of paper that says I can do something exactly the same but with the pads and not the rods! Xx

Thank you so much for your reply. I ended up checking with my insurance and they do indeed class lash lifting and perming as the same thing. I think so many companies like to make you think its massively different so they can push additional training and make money from it but when I've done perming and confident doing it, it seems like a waste of time for a piece of paper that says I can do something exactly the same but with the pads and not the rods! Xx

Then offer it & call it a Lash Lift Treatment, but you can only sell it as LVL if you use the Nouveau products. Xx

Then offer it & call it a Lash Lift Treatment, but you can only sell it as LVL if you use the Nouveau products. Xx
Yes I'll do exactly that xx

Latest posts

Back