LVL mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGeekGem

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I'm just wondering if LVL is suitable to do mobile and how do you all go about doing the patch tests.

Thanks
Gem x

I would like some advice on this too.

We do it in salon so no experience in doing it mobile but I don't see why you couldn't. It requires a small amount of kit so is quite portable.

When training they told us to put a small amount if each of the 3 products on a plaster to patch test. As you only use 1/2 of a sachet of each serum per treatment they told us to seal them with micropore and use the leftover to patch test for the following few days. You couldn't do a treatment with it as it looses potency but they said patch testing was fine. I've posted them before with a plaster and instructions. It does however work out expensive.

Hi I've done LVL mobile, and it's absolutely fine. V small
Amount of kit compared to extensions, reasonably straightforward treatment, and I post patch tests or pop them in beforehand in plasters and with instructions as previous poster mentioned. X

in also thinking of offering lvl mobile. How do you do the patch test with a plaster? X

Thanks for the replies so far could anyone private message me the cost per treatment, I really cant decide whether to go with LVL or just do a lift and tint course thanks in advance x

I have tried it mobile, but found it wasn't working too well for me . I either had to post out full sachets for patch testing, and check up on people that they did it correctly or make extra trips to clients houses to carry out patch testing which was working out way too much of an overhead and not the best use of my time/resources. Especially if people cancelled!

I don't have it on my mobile treatment menu now but I carry it out on existing (nail) clients and work with a couple of people who host a 'lash party' every now and then. Works better to do a set number of people in one go that doing dribs and drabs here and there. The actual treatment itself is fine to do mobile. If you have a mobile fold out bed, some couch roll and a little tray, that's all you need. No mess or faff. Less equipment/space needed than doing nails!!

you only have to patch test first time though so surely once done and getting them on board as a repeat customer would all be worth it. I don't do lvl yet but seriously considering booking on. When patch testing at the moment i will go to client depending on how far it is or some will stop by to me at home (if i know them). Interested to hear about this plaster method some geeks use though. X

Actually, we were taught to patch test before each and every treatment - even for repeat customers, as allergies can develop in the intervening period. Just checked and it's in the training manual too, so if you don't do it you will void your insurance.

The plaster method is taught in the training. It's just as it sounds you put some of the solution on the plaster and apply the plaster! Be sure to use latex free plasters though as many people are allergic to these too.

If you are posting it out, you send the solutions and the plasters for the client to make up themselves -and Nouvea make an LVL patch test card with instructions. Hence why if you do this you have to send a whole set of solutions to a client (which you could of used to do 2-3 treatments within a 24 hour period). It's incredibly wasteful. Nouveau should sell smaller patch testing samples with just a tiny bit of the solution in at much cheaper cost... ie not enough to do a treatment with but enough to patch test.

I guess if you timed it right you could get the client to do the patch test with half the solution, seal up the packages, and then coming in for their appointment within 48 hours ( but not less than 24) and use the same solutions, but it doesn't seem very professional / hygienic to me saying - oh have you got those packs i'm now going to use them for the treatment!

I do LVL and was taught to keep the remaining solutions from doing a full treatment, seal them up and send those out as patch tests.

You can't use them for another client as they oxidise once opened. But they are fine for 2 weeks for patch testing.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back