M10 assignment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

* Helen *

Reaction score
I wonder if you can help me with one of the questions in my assignment please, sorry another NVQ/VTCT question :rolleyes:

Research the following contra action to artificial nails:
Thinning of the nail plate
infection
mould
chemical and mechanical damage

As this is contra action, so during the treatment, I dont understand how you can get mould during a treatment?

Sorry its one of those days today:irked:

Hey
A contra action can also happen after a treatment, not just during. Hope this helps!!

EJ1986 said:
Hey
A contra action can also happen after a treatment, not just during. Hope this helps!!

Thanks, oh will remember that one, thanks hun :D

Also :o

Research the different range of grit files and buffers and their purpose.

We have only been told to use a 240 grit at college and I cant find nothing in my books ... anyone please:hug:

The higher the number (e.g. 240 grit) the finer the file is. A 240 grit file is ideal for removing the shine from the natural nail plate. A 240 grit can also be used to refine and remove surface scratches from the surface of the enhancement. A 180 Grit file is coarser than a 240 grit. A 180 file is ideal for surface filing on acrylics and gels and can be used by professional technicians to blend tips . A 100 grit file is coarse and ideal for shaping the free edge.
Sorry can't find anything on buffers 4 u!

EJ1986 said:
The higher the number (e.g. 240 grit) the finer the file is. A 240 grit file is ideal for removing the shine from the natural nail plate. A 240 grit can also be used to refine and remove surface scratches from the surface of the enhancement. A 180 Grit file is coarser than a 240 grit. A 180 file is ideal for surface filing on acrylics and gels and can be used by professional technicians to blend tips . A 100 grit file is coarse and ideal for shaping the free edge.
Sorry can't find anything on buffers 4 u!

Thats great hun, thank you .. your a star :hug:

Helencad said:
I wonder if you can help me with one of the questions in my assignment please, sorry another NVQ/VTCT question :rolleyes:

Research the following contra action to artificial nails:
Thinning of the nail plate
infection
mould
chemical and mechanical damage

As this is contra action, so during the treatment, I dont understand how you can get mould during a treatment?

Sorry its one of those days today:irked:

Hi Helen,

Firstly, I would throw that question right back at your tutor and ask her to explain to you how a non-human pathogen can actually grow on a nail plate !!!

Mould simply CANNOT grow on a nail, however, you can get a bacterial infection which normally is green (also known as a greenie).

Read the attached article by Samual Sweet and that should explain a couple of thigns for you.

http://www.thenailgeek.com/articles/2641-moldy-oldy-fun-guys.html

River

River said:
Hi Helen,

Firstly, I would throw that question right back at your tutor and ask her to explain to you how a non-human pathogen can actually grow on a nail plate !!!

Mould simply CANNOT grow on a nail, however, you can get a bacterial infection which normally is green (also known as a greenie).

Read the attached article by Samual Sweet and that should explain a couple of thigns for you.

http://www.thenailgeek.com/articles/2641-moldy-oldy-fun-guys.html

River

Cheers chick, there is a lot of questions like these that the other students and myself cant answer!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help hun :hug:

Helencad said:
Cheers chick, there is a lot of questions like these that the other students and myself cant answer!!:rolleyes:

Thanks for your help hun :hug:

Hi Helen,

Just wondered if you managed to speak to your tutor about the "Mould on nails" question yet ?

If so, what did she have to say ????

River

River said:
Hi Helen,

Just wondered if you managed to speak to your tutor about the "Mould on nails" question yet ?

If so, what did she have to say ????

River

Hi River

No my tutor wasnt in last week, I spoke to my assessor instead as she used to teach the course last year and she said she it means bacterial infection on the nails!:rolleyes:

I only have a few weeks left of my course and there assessments so I dont know if she will be in but if she does I will bring it up and say its worded inproperly. I have also printed out mouldy oldy fun guys to take with me for reference :rolleyes:

Thanks for asking though and your help :hug:

Latest posts

Back