Majirouge shade?! HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellybean7

Reaction score
Hi I don't know if anyone can help me!
My hairdresser has been colouring my hair red for a few months now, using goldwell colours pepper red being one of them, she told me i cannot get any brighter without bleaching first! I want to avoid this at all costs!

I heard majirouge are really good red colours, but i don't know which shade/number to choose?! Anyone have any advice? I want a vibrant red without it looking orangey, I know you can mix with majirouge mix + aswell
It's all a load of numbers to me!

It is currently a deep pinky/purpley red but not bright enough!

Please help, much appreciated :D

Has your stylist been tinting (all over colour) or highlighting? what colour is your natural hair ?

x

I am not a hair expert but i use majicontrast iridescent blonde red and it comes out like the colour in the link below

Red Hair/Maji.Contrast Help

my friend uses magirouge, not sure what shade, and it is a brighter red than this, both are nice colours.
You could go to the wholesales and look at the hair samples before you buy.

Im sure someone else could be more helpful but i am a majicontrast fan. my hair is in good condition too, its not damaged it.

if this link doesnt work, type it into the search box and it should come up.

my natural hair colour is a mousey brown
she has been doing full head colours since about october will the same goldwell dyes, mostly pepper red sometimes others mixed, and with 20 vol developer

and no i couldnt see the link either way :( thanks for your reply though x

Please only post pro advice if you are a hair pro! Majicontrast is NOT designed, and should NOT be used for a full head application. It is designed only for off scalp partial colouring.

Your stylist should choose from either majirouge range, or if you want vibrant, or are very dark naturally, majimode.

ok thanks...
i was more after which is best for a vibrant shade, from experiences, be it personal experience or with a client

Anyone have any more advice or ideas please?! Much appreciated! To try and avoiding her bleaching my whole head to go as red as poss!
Thanks you xx

hi, i use pure red majicontrast mixed with majirel 6.66 and 20vol (about half and half or sometimes more majicontrast) i then apply 'fire' crazy colour over the top and do this about once a week and it stops the hair from fading and keeps it looking bright and not patchy with that 'first coloured look' and my hair is bright bright red, sometimes i do just use majicontrast without the 6.66

some times you just cant get the effect you are wanting without pre lightening .. as it all depends on your base level ,
from what i am reading it sounds like you want a post box red ? which might not be acievable due to your base shade ,
sorry, it seems your hairdresser knows what shes talking about so u should maybe try something different ? what about a few bright red slices ? then you only have to pre lighten a few bits of your hair ??

Majicontrast is NOT designed, and should NOT be used for a full head application. It is designed only for off scalp partial colouring.
hi, i use pure red majicontrast mixed with majirel 6.66 and 20vol (about half and half or sometimes more majicontrast) i then apply 'fire' crazy colour over the top and do this about once a week and it stops the hair from fading and keeps it looking bright and not patchy with that 'first coloured look' and my hair is bright bright red, sometimes i do just use majicontrast without the 6.66

hi ya actually i have just done a red flash in a client using majarouge and i needed to pr lightern first but she has dark brown hair but if your mousey colour it will be light enough to take a good shade of red , also which is really brill is affinage b reds they are fab ,oh 4got to say 666 in the majerouge is brill ro ro

i love 6.66 maji rouge.. also red and majenta red in maji contrast r bright x

Please only post pro advice if you are a hair pro! Majicontrast is NOT designed, and should NOT be used for a full head application. It is designed only for off scalp partial colouring.

Your stylist should choose from either majirouge range, or if you want vibrant, or are very dark naturally, majimode.

why can you not use maji-contrast on the scalp i have i the past and its an amazing affect to be fair i have only done it on staff an not a client as i kno ur not suppose to but im not fully sure on y?

why can you not use maji-contrast on the scalp i have i the past and its an amazing affect to be fair i have only done it on staff an not a client as i know your not suppose to but im not fully sure on y?

Think it's to do with the amount of lift, hence the amount of ammonia present. You risk triggering a massive allergic reaction due to the different action of the colour. If L'Oreal say keep it off scalp, then keep it off scalp!

Majimode is there for high lift reds, and used with 30 vol it is BRIGHT!!!

Majirouge is also for use on scalp, and while you should endeavor to use 20 vol, 30 can be used for a vibrant effect.

Latest posts

Back