Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm building my kit up and I'm going to go with the Mac face and body foundation. Am I right in thinking for now get 2 shades of light pink and yellow and 2 shades of dark in pink and yellow tones? And then one in the middle so I am able to mix to create a correct colour, I don't want to buy ALL of them as it probably pointless for now as I'm just starting my kit. I'm so excited to get started on friends and family and building my portfolio up.
Honest opinions though Mac face and body or illamasqua???
X x x

F&B is fabulous and I do have it but it does not have much coverage (even though it can be built up). I do have have it and glad that I do but if I was kit building and on a starting budget there would be many more foundations I would start with (those with more pigment to cover more sins!)

F&B is fabulous and I do have it but it does not have much coverage (even though it can be built up). I do have have it and glad that I do but if I was kit building and on a starting budget there would be many more foundations I would start with (those with more pigment to cover more sins!)

Could you recommend any? I'm not on a budget as such, so any help would be great x x

Guys need some advice.. Just done my mums makeup and had a mare!!

my mum has really bad dry skin and she has rosacea so having a good foundation is key.. I used my mac studio sculpt on her and my new mac prolong wear concealer .. Which did the good job of hiding any redness .. The problem i now have is because her skin was so dry the foundation just didn't seem to be sticking on her nose ? It was so irritating and in the end I put extra concealer on top and let it sink in for 10 mins before patting, so it looks better now but I was having a meltdown!

Did I do the right thing with the concealer ? What would you do in this case? Xx

It would be a lot more cost effective to purchase full sized lipsticks and make your own palette. Also, if they are from MAC, don't forget that for every 6 empty ones you'll get a free one.

I would love to do that but for an empty palette and lipsticks it would cost so much ! esp when starting out.. £15.50 per lipstick plus the palettes :( x

I tried to buy the lip palettes online but they are out if stock. Well they have been whenever I've looked anyway. They do work out a lot cheaper than buying each one plus I thought I can add them one at a time buying the most popular one first and so on.

I've ordered one of the concealer palettes at £35 are they any good? I went for the light one but do I need to get the medium and dark too?

Ah I have all of them except the pinks and plums as they have been out of stock! I also emailed Mac for them to give me a list of their most common bridal eyeshadows and lipsticks - happy to forward on if you would like it x

Would you mind forwarding it me too hun? It's a nightmare trying to buy stuff to cover every situation, so expensive!

I would love to do that but for an empty palette and lipsticks it would cost so much ! esp when starting out.. £15.50 per lipstick plus the palettes :( x

They're £15.50?! I had no idea, it is so long since I paid full price for one, I remember when they were £11.00 (not that long ago actually). I take it that you don't qualify for pro discount yet?

Why not get a couple of the well known MAC shades then lots of other, cheaper brands? You can make up a nice palette yourself that way for a fraction of the cost.

They're £15.50?! I had no idea, it is so long since I paid full price for one, I remember when they were £11.00 (not that long ago actually). I take it that you don't qualify for pro discount yet?

Why not get a couple of the well known MAC shades then lots of other, cheaper brands? You can make up a nice palette yourself that way for a fraction of the cost.

No, well I do but there's not a pro store in Scotland so would need to phone in the order so not sent away for my membership.. I like to see and try the products in the store x

No, well I do but there's not a pro store in Scotland so would need to phone in the order so not sent away for my membership.. I like to see and try the products in the store x

As of last year you can use your discount on the website.

As of last year you can use your discount on the website.

I'm glad they finally changed it. I wish inglot would follow suit as i think the only place you can use their discount is the london store.

No way! When I spoke to someone via email they said it would be a telephone order.. I still like trying things but I guess that's not so bad doing it via website, I will prob buy one thing full price in store and try loads to know what I want and then purchase online haha! Going to send my application away tomorrow now I know this! Thanks x

No way! When I spoke to someone via email they said it would be a telephone order.. I still like trying things but I guess that's not so bad doing it via website, I will prob buy one thing full price in store and try loads to know what I want and then purchase online haha! Going to send my application away tomorrow now I know this! Thanks x

Yes you can! I discovered this recently so out my application in yesterday :)

I'm glad they finally changed it. I wish inglot would follow suit as i think the only place you can use their discount is the london store.

I'd almost forgotten about Inglot. They need to expand their stores as well as sort out the online discount.

Did you print this form out and do it?

http://www.maccosmetics.com/docs/applications/d_201110_2011-08-PRO_ENG_ONLINE_UK.pdf

It's just I don't know if this is the correct form atall and I don't know if I wanna put my full card number down Incase it gets lost and someone has my details :/ am I been completely slack and missing something?
Xx

I emailed them aaaaages ago and they replied with the form, it looks the same as that. I sent it all recorded post so fingers crossed! Xx

I emailed them aaaaages ago and they replied with the form, it looks the same as that. I sent it all recorded post so fingers crossed! Xx

Ok hun thanks x x

How much discount does the mac pro membership give?
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

How much discount does the mac pro membership give?
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it depends on what you do, if I'm right I think make up artists get more than nail techs x

I'm in need of a good concealer brush, any suggestions or recommendations please ? Xx

What type do you like? Flat, fluffy... etc?

Latest posts

Back