Make-up artists: let's share tips!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would personally draw it lightly with a pencil or a thin brush.. Then infill it x

I'd use a gel and very thin brush. I find that warming the product on my hand makes it easier to get these sharp lines x

Thanks for tips ladies, I was thinking a nice gel I'm just thinking maybe I need a thinner brush, it maybe time for a shop lol x

Is there any spring/summer buys I should be looking for ? I'm just doing an online look/shop + seeing a lot off coral/peachy colours, and just wondering any suggestions to invest in ?
Thanks Pros x

I use a small angled eyeliner brush and add gel liner to my brush by dipping it in both sides.. I then run both sides against the top of my hand to create a sharp fine tip which is easy to control x

I use a small angled eyeliner brush and add gel liner to my brush by dipping it in both sides.. I then run both sides against the top of my hand to create a sharp fine tip which is easy to control x

Thanks, I've not got a angled eyeliner brush only a regular one, would an eyebrow one do the trick you think ? X

Hi all, I'm wondering if anyone could help me try re-create this ? I love the eyeliner, but it's so precise on the lid. Any tips ? XView attachment 84221

Angled brushes and gel liner are my go to for sharp lines like this. Just be sure that when you pick up product that you scrape the brush on the egde of the pot to flatten it. Needs to be sharp and pointy as possible otherwise the liner will come out blunt. And use eyelid primer with a matte close to skin shade eyeshadow on top before you apply the eyeliner so it lasts x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Any nice concealer brush plz ?
How is zoeva brushes xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find nylon ones are best for me as natural or soft haired concealer brushes easily clump together. I use the double ended Perfection brush from QVS which you can find in superdrug or online for around £6. Has a foundation brush on one side and concealer brush on the other x

Angled brushes and gel liner are my go to for sharp lines like this. Just be sure that when you pick up product that you scrape the brush on the egde of the pot to flatten it. Needs to be sharp and pointy as possible otherwise the liner will come out blunt. And use eyelid primer with a matte close to skin shade eyeshadow on top before you apply the eyeliner so it lasts x

Thanks for advice, I've just invested in one, can't wait to try it out ! Lol x

Hi all can someone recommend a good very dark black shadow ? I can't seem to get the darkness with most :(( could it be something I'm doing ? It turns out more like a light black/grey colour :-/ any help appreciated x

Hi all can someone recommend a good very dark black shadow ? I can't seem to get the darkness with most :(( could it be something I'm doing ? It turns out more like a light black/grey colour :-/ any help appreciated x

Urban decay 'black out' is the best I've found x

Urban decay 'black out' is the best I've found x

Thanks :) I was debating between that one, mac carbon or mac pigment in black. I'm finding hard to get a dark outer crease/blend without a dark base. Thanks again :) x

Thanks :) I was debating between that one, mac carbon or mac pigment in black. I'm finding hard to get a dark outer crease/blend without a dark base. Thanks again :) x
Try using black pencil then going over with shadow - intensifies colour and makes it longer lasting too x

Try using black pencil then going over with shadow - intensifies colour and makes it longer lasting too x
Thanks :)) I've got the urban decay in blackout shadow now also, heard good things :))
Is the pencil just like using gel liner then, as I've tried that, love it lol x

I don't know wether I'm being so dim or what lol can so done please explain to me why there's need to line lips inside your lip line ? I just presumed it's not even noticeable when you put the lipstick over ? Lol x
image.jpg

I don't know wether I'm being so dim or what lol can so done please explain to me why there's need to line lips inside your lip line ? I just presumed it's not even noticeable when you put the lipstick over ? Lol xView attachment 186956

Apparently it creates the illusion of bigger lips due to the dimension you're creating with the lines rather than just the outline. Never tried it though x

Apparently it creates the illusion of bigger lips due to the dimension you're creating with the lines rather than just the outline. Never tried it though x

Oowwhhhh really ?!? I may have to try this ! Not totally convinced I must say but you never know x

Sure! I want to share my views and tips! It has taken me years to learn my face shape, what colors flatter me, how much to apply, and how to apply it so that it looks beautiful and natural. But, I think I’ve finally perfected my morning routine!
Latest Study Shows That We Breathe Most of Our Fat Away-
Should not put concealer or foundation on your eyelids as a base, it will cause your eye makeup to crease.
Should use your fingers to apply your foundation if you want sheer coverage and a brush if you more polished, medium to full coverage.
You should put bronzer on your neck, face, and chest to even out your skin tone. Be sure to take a step back and make sure everything is the same color.
Should apply powder where you are shiniest first, which it usually your T-zone, with a very light dusting everywhere else.
When applying blush, first smile, then start on the apple of the cheek, blend the blush back towards the top of the ear, then down toward the jawline.
Should apply your brow pencil or powder to the upper portion of the eyebrow to lift your face up.

Instead of looking straight ahead at the mirror, should get as close to it as possible, stick your head up and bring your chin toward the mirror. You want to look down as you apply, starting at the inner corner and making sure to go all the way out to the fold on the outside of the eye.

I've decided on illamasqua skin base for my kit. After testing it out for a while.
Just wondering which shades to start out with/ how many to buy to start off. Any help would be great x

What face primer would you guys suggest?

I currently use loreal studio secrets and love it.. Feel it works really well and feels amazing on the skin but currently looking for another to try as my last pot of studio secrets runs out :(

The main ones I'm looking at are:

Smashbox photo finish
Makeup forever
Nyx hd studio photogenic
Mac prep + prime

But open to any suggestions xx

Latest posts

Back