Make up brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlee

Reaction score
Hi fellow MUA's!
I am going into my final year of make up at Uni (wahoo) and am looking to get a new set of brushes! I have a cheap set for use with prosthetic equipment however I am looking at a royal and langnickel set for my beauty kit! They have so much more variety on the US website which is a shame!

Also I find my brush roll a little bulky in my box so am thinking of gettin a brush holder now instead, which can go in an accompanying bag or whatever!

But yes any tips on brushes would be great! Xx

What uni are you at?

Bobbi Brown brushes are excellent, just take good care of your brushes :)

Look into Hakudohu and Zoeva

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Crown, sigma, bdellium, real techniques, furless. All my faves :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Couple of my personal favourites..

Bobbi Brown - powder brush, bronzer brush, cream eyeshadow.

MAC - 217 eyeshadow brush, blusher brush, duo fibre brush, lip brush.

Zoeva.. Only purchased a couple of their eyeshadow brushes but they are lovely and great price too!

Real techniques - buffing brush is amazing, also the contour brush and flat foundation brush which I use for under eye concealing.

Bare minerals - buffing brushes for mineral powders (obviously!) also I love Bares eyeliner brush I prefer it to Bobbi's and MACs
X

Real Techniques are brilliant. I've also got mac but they are expensive and I think I use my real techniques more now.

Thanks everyone! Glad I've got the day free to do some research, and sparkle I'm at the arts university bournemouth!

A lot of people on my course use real techniques so will definatley give them a go. I have a few core mac brushes but they are quite costly so I'm thinking IMATS next year may be the best time to get them, or when I get full discount when I graduate!
Do bobby brown do a student/pro programme?

Thanks for your help everyone xx

Thanks everyone! Glad I've got the day free to do some research, and sparkle I'm at the arts university bournemouth!

A lot of people on my course use real techniques so will definatley give them a go. I have a few core mac brushes but they are quite costly so I'm thinking IMATS next year may be the best time to get them, or when I get full discount when I graduate!
Do bobby brown do a student/pro programme?

Thanks for your help everyone xx

Try japonesque they stock them in John lewis

Hi fellow MUA's!
I am going into my final year of make up at Uni (wahoo) and am looking to get a new set of brushes! I have a cheap set for use with prosthetic equipment however I am looking at a royal and langnickel set for my beauty kit! They have so much more variety on the US website which is a shame!

Also I find my brush roll a little bulky in my box so am thinking of gettin a brush holder now instead, which can go in an accompanying bag or whatever!

But yes any tips on brushes would be great! Xx

I bought a few royal and langnickel brushes at Olympia and I love them!
Also second real techniques. I was recommended them on here and they literally do the hard work for you :)
I bought the core collection, the stippling brush (friggin amazing!!) & a couple of others and they are really reasonably priced. xx

I bought a few royal and langnickel brushes at Olympia and I love them!
Also second real techniques. I was recommended them on here and they literally do the hard work for you :)
I bought the core collection, the stippling brush (friggin amazing!!) & a couple of others and they are really reasonably priced. xx

I'm totally crap at applying eyeshadow but I'm learning through the YouTube :D I purchased a few royal & langnikel (silk collection) at pro beauty in Feb and they're super soft

Hi sorry to jump in...i bought real techniques make up brushes...great to use...but I've killed them...they all are shedding..is it the way i wash them?....i use washing up liquid and a little oil mixed together and cool water to rinse...lay them flat to dry...thank you for any advice:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm totally crap at applying eyeshadow but I'm learning through the YouTube :D I purchased a few royal & langnikel (silk collection) at pro beauty in Feb and they're super soft

I'm pretty new to make up and couldn't master an ordinary smokey eye but with those brushes I manage it perfectly every time now. Wish I'd found them sooner xx

Hi sorry to jump in...i bought real techniques make up brushes...great to use...but I've killed them...they all are shedding..is it the way i wash them?....i use washing up liquid and a little oil mixed together and cool water to rinse...lay them flat to dry...thank you for any advice:)

I use baby shampoo on mine and just make sure I'm gentle. My RT brushes never shed.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you for your help x:)

I would guess that the oil is breaking down the glue in the ferrule , try just washing them with shampoo. They are really a consumer brush so not really up to the task of heavy washing needed by a make up artist , however for the price and quality we can't complain too much :)

I would guess that the oil is breaking down the glue in the ferrule , try just washing them with shampoo. They are really a consumer brush so not really up to the task of heavy washing needed by a make up artist , however for the price and quality we can't complain too much :)

Ahhh ok thank you for your advice :)

Latest posts

Back