Make up for oily skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kiki-uk

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm off to visit the make-up counters this weekend (extremely excited) and I'm looking for products for oily skin. Primer, foundation, mattifier etc. It's for my bridal kit so must also be great for photos.
Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! :D

I'm very oily skinned and a fab foundation is MAC Studio Fix fluid. Coverage is brilliant and doesn't melt off and lasts all day I'm sure others will agree!

Smashbox is always great for photos.
I use either the original primer or the new Pore Minimizing (which basically sucks up oil to help it not break through the makeup).
I've used Studio Skin ffoundation with great results.
My absolutely favorite is my Ben Nye Final Seal setting spray.
P.S. I do a lot of bridal/photographed work :)

I'd recommend Illamasqua Skin Base for bridal makeup but I always double-prime for oily skin! MAC Prep + Prime Radiance is my ultimate favourite

I have really oily skin and was using Illamasqua and estee lauder, occasionally MAC. I did like MUFE too once I realised I had to really buff, it looked amazing. A friend lent me some Arbonne makeup and I was so blown away by it that I became a consultant. The primer is amazing and has won independent awards over smashbox and Mac and the perfecting foundation is Really light but gives great coverage, ibwas used to double wear so I like it covered but it feels like you have nothing on. Plus it's non comodegenic which obviously helps with this skin type, and no mineral oil or tallow like the brands I was using before, and has a patented optilight technology. It also has skincare in it so that helps with your ski. I like to use powder and primer to keep it from budging. Lol I didn't mean to ramble

Thank u all, :) came away with lots of samples for now! :)
I tried out the Mac prep and prime but found it a bit too sparkly, although it felt lovely! :s
I do think I'm going to have to go with Mac prolong wear and bobbi brown skin for foundation, they'll make some nice little new year purchases, ;) x

Latest posts

Back