Make up questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flic22

Reaction score
Do all of you make up artists use one product line or do you use a mix of what you think is the best from each line?

How do you clean your brushes between clients - do you have several sets of brushes?

Hey Hun,

I use a different range of products, I use MAC foundation but also No7 as the MAC products don't give a nice coverage on more mature skin so it's nice to have different brands to suit different ages.
I also take with me at least 2 brush sets, I use salon professional brush cleaner which is amazing you can buy this from Amazon. All you need is a tissue and can clean, should it become too damp because of the oils in the cleaner I can then change to my second brush :)

Brilliant - thanks so much for replying. I use a variety of products and lately have had a few messages from people asking what brands i use.

I used to work at MAC so a lot of my products are from there but I do have quite a few other brands like Laura Mercier, NARS, Maybelline (BEST gel liner I've found), Makeup Geek, Morphe etc. I also use the RCMA foundation palette, in my opinion one of the most useful things to have in your kit. 50% pigment with no SPF, between the shinto and the ko palette you can match pretty much any colour skin. Also great because they have such a high level of pigment so you can sheer them right down or use them neat.

I clean my brushes with MAC or Cinema Secrets brush cleaner for spot cleansing and I actually use fairy liquid to deep cleanse them. I've used a lot of brush shampoos but I really prefer this. I have at least two of most brushes, some of my more well used brushes I have about four of :)

I used to work at MAC so a lot of my products are from there but I do have quite a few other brands like Laura Mercier, NARS, Maybelline (BEST gel liner I've found), Makeup Geek, Morphe etc. I also use the RCMA foundation palette, in my opinion one of the most useful things to have in your kit. 50% pigment with no SPF, between the shinto and the ko palette you can match pretty much any colour skin. Also great because they have such a high level of pigment so you can sheer them right down or use them neat.

I clean my brushes with MAC or Cinema Secrets brush cleaner for spot cleansing and I actually use fairy liquid to deep cleanse them. I've used a lot of brush shampoos but I really prefer this. I have at least two of most brushes, some of my more well used brushes I have about four of :)

Brilliant - thanks so much. I am off to check out the Maybelline liner and the foundation pallette!!

Latest posts

Back