Make up to cover scar advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starholistics

Reaction score
Hi, just wondered if any of you wonderfully talented make up artists had any advice for covering/disguising/lessening the appearance of a keloid scar, day to day it does not bother me but for special occasions it would be nice to reduce the appearance for photographs etc it is smack bang in the middle of my forehead and about the size of a pea. Just slightly darker than my skin colour but raised and solid.

The scar is from chicken pox but due to my hypermobility it raised up rather than sinking in. I know it is hard to advise without seeing it but any tips on making it blend in a little would be much appreciated or if it is not possible then that is fine too was just curious and seeing as you geeks are so knowledgeable I thought I would just ask! :hug:

Hi there! Now makeup can't disguise texture which is important to remember, but as a general rule if you lighten things up, it tends to 'come forward', if you darken things then they tend to look recessed. Play around with highlighting/lowlighting your face & when you get it right it could make a big difference to how noticeable your scar is, HTH! Don't hesitate to PM me if you have any other queries :)

Latest posts

Back