Make up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelleb1133

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've been out of the business for a while so not sure what's hot to trot right now! I want to purchase an amazing foundation/concealer but unsure what is good nowadays...I saw a lady the other day who looked amazing!! She was middle aged, but her skin was so luminous, looked really fresh. Any suggestions?

Many Thanks

Hello. Welcome back!

That's very vague - what is it for? Yourself or clients? What level of coverage are you after from the foundation? Is the concealer for under eyes? Blemishes? Scars? etc.

Sorry that was very vague wasn't it!!

Its for myself and i like to be COVERED but not looking like Ive troweled it on lol! I like that airbrushed look...concealer generally for blemishes, Ive already been advised to purchase some YSL Touche Eclat for those under eye circles?

xxx

OK others might disagree here but I don't like touche eclat at all! I am trying to find a concealer at the moment to replace my MAC moisture cover, which is great.

What sort of amount to you want to spend on your foundation and what is your skin type?

I don't like YSL Touché Éclat for under eyes either. If it wasn't a YSL product I would use it (I dislike their ethics) for highlighting only. In my opinion, it's too shimmery for concealing under eyes and blemishes.

Also not a fan of the YSL! However, i do quite like the new foundation version, that gives the lovely glow that you mentioned, may be worth getting yourself a sample.

A foundatiomn which I have been loving for a while is Illamasqua Skin Base. I wear a small amount of it but it is great for those who like more coverage too. I did used to love their under eye concealer too but they've discontinued it! SOB! :cry:

Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer has always been a favourite of mine for under eyes, good range of colours too. MAC Studio finish is what I use on blemishes etc, a lot of people find it good for under eyes too but I'm very dry around there so only use it there every now and then.

Hi, sounds like she could have a mineral foundation on, especially if it looked luminous as they have light reflecting pigments.. Minerals have a build-able coverage and it covers a multitude of sins.. I like a good coverage as i have pigment and breakouts and minerals work wonders... Best mineral foundation I have come across in my opinion is Laura mercier. Hope this helps :) xx

Arrggh I typed out a response and my stupid computer crashed.

But yeah I agree with all of what evangelinegrace said. I wouldn't buy anything from YSL but if it wasn't them that made it, it would be a lovely highligher.

I also love illamasqua's skin base. I just bought the white one today for mixing. Their discount is great for MUAs too!

Another vote for Skin Base. I also like Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua for myself (wouldn't use it on clients as it doesn't last very well). I'm really not a fan of mineral foundations. I've tried various brands and I hate the feel of them on my skin despite claims of them being weightless. They also make my pores REALLY obvious.

For a more luminous look I mix a dot of Jemma Kid Mannequin skin into my foundation. Benefit moon/sun beam works as well.

Latest posts

Back