Makeup course!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Masey1980

Reaction score
I'm doing a bridal makeup course a week on Tuesday and I'm wanting to purchase my own makeup like mac. My question Is where do I start with foundations with pink and yellow tones. There is that many! What would I need to basically start me off. Until I'm on my feet and I know what I'm doing more. Please if anyone has got any advice on any makeup items that are essential to start my kit of that would be amazing. Iv tried asking on a couple of other sites but had no response from anyone! So please help me.......

Any help would be appreciated pleaseeeee!!!!

It's a bit of a minefield and such a big investment , but they should give you some advice on your course .

My suggestion would be what ever range you decide buy say around 3 shades to begin with in each tone (mac nc/nw ), the lightest a middle and a dark and then you can mix to get the colour you want.

Personally I feel pink toned foundation doesn't work on most people's skin! If somebody is really pink and you put a pink tone foundation on them, they look worse! Yellow however, cancels out the pink and yellow tones are found in almost everybody's skin tones anyway. Cream formulas are great for brides as they melt into the skin and don't move as long as it is set properly.. MAC face and body is also great for light coverage and also used on the arms and chest! No need to worry about it getting on the dress either once it sets it doesn't budge! These can only be purchased from the pro stores though hope that helps, good luck :) xx

Sorry which are only available from the pro store? I have ordered a pro card yet as I haven't got my certificate and necessary paper work they need until next week well it's the 27th. So what would you suggest I get to start me off?? Thank you both for your advice 👍👍

She means the face and body foundation but I can bet it on my local mac concession stand in a Harvey nics , I believe it's just the white version of face and body that's a pro product.

I would wait till you have your certificate and get your pro discounts , it will help a lot on kit building. I'm not a big fan of mac foundations I use nars sheer glow, Armani luminous silk , Estée Lauder double wear light , Lauren Mercier silk creme.

I have got a nars sheer glow for my personal use and I do love it! So what shades would I need to start out with in that range???
This is doing my head in with all the different shades etc 😠😠

Just one of the lightest a middle and a darker like I said ,I carry quite a few shades now as its one of my favourite foundations to use. - monte Blanc, sante fe , Stromboli are the ones I use the most .

Latest posts

Back