Making clip in hair extensions is it ok with 1 piece?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nenee

Reaction score
HI there

I baught clip ins where there were different pieces and i didnt like them etc, iv bought ones where you make them yourself and have decided to make one large piece which is a good thickness.

Are clip ins supposed to start from right at the front of my head above my ear or 1 2 from the front of my face??? so the clip is not right near the front?

Im finding due to my layers it looks like i have one short layer on the top then this long length which looks silly unless i curl them, when i had the different pieces they were to thin and i ended up with a head full of clips which looked silly especially as my hair is not very thick?

any good tips on clip ins would be very welcomed:)

cheers

Hi!
I find that one weft is not enough and have to have at least 3 in...but I have super thick hair.
A good tip is to double the weft back on itself before you sew the clips on and stitch it. This makes double the thickness.
With regard to placement..I would not make the clips too far to the front as they will show through as your hair moves.
Are you a hairdresser? If so I find 'slicing out' the wefts often blends them in well if you have a choppy hairstyle anyway.If you have the hair too long when your hair is quite short in my experience it will always look 'mullety' unless worn curly so maybe it would be better to trim them slightly :)

Good luck chick xx

HI ya

Thanks for that really appreciate it:)

I have layered medium length not so thick hair! I have sewn 3 wefts together to make them thick as i find they are so thin in single strips, and i also found if i put a lot of layers in the clips end up right high up(does that make sense) this way i only have one row of clips, iv also done another weft which is 2 layers thick which goes above the first one does this sound right?

Im not a hairdresser only a beauty therapist so wouldnt attempt to trim them, but if they are straight it does look like a mullett though, so i have to curl them.

Should i not have the wefts past the start of my ears, wouldnt this mean the hair doesnt come forward enough?I have noticed a lot of girls tend to have the length at the back and not much in at the sides???

sorry so many questions, should i go to a hairdressers and ask them to slice the sides so when they are in the sides are layered and when curled it wont be just one long curl at the front?
:):)
best wishes hun

Hi!
I usually bring them just in front of the ear but not too far forward..If you go to the hair salon I am sure they wouldn't mind blending them in for you! xx

Also just be careful that you don't make the wefts too heavy by doubling them over too much xx

Latest posts

Back